disponible únicamente en inglés

Power and water construction services 

Explore the services we offer to help residential, commercial and municipal contractors connect new or upgraded facilities to SRP power and water services. 

Explore our services

SRP's Power and Water Construction Services provides a variety of services to residential, commercial and industrial contractors.

Whether you’re looking for new connections to the power grid, planning to update existing electric service or relocating an irrigation facility, we’re here to help make sure your project runs smoothly.

Here are some of the most common services our customers request:

  • New residential electric service
  • New commercial electric service
  • Temporary electric service for construction worksites or other purposes
  • Service entrance section (SES) meter panel upgrades, replacement and revisions
  • Underground service repairs
  • Overhead power line relocation
  • Pole removal
  • Temporary disconnects of overhead power lines
  • Water engineering for SRP irrigation facilities in conflict with your development plans

Start a project

Ready to start a project? Use our online form, submit a request to your existing SRP Plan Portal account, or call (602) 236-0777(602) 236-0777.

Access your existing plans

Looking to access your existing plans or submit additional plans to an existing project? You can view or submit plans in the SRP plan portalOpen new site..

Estimating job costs

Every construction project is unique, and SRP wants to partner with you to be sure yours runs smoothly. Many of our developers have requested rough estimates of SRP’s construction charges in order to prepare project budgets in advance of breaking ground. To assist you in this effort, we are providing more detailed information about our pricing policies. Construction fees vary based on services requested. For help please email DDE@srpnet.com, someone will respond within 24 hours Monday through Friday.

Basic estimating assumptions

Estimated charges shown below are based on construction jobs that include up to 1000 feet of primary construction. In addition to stated charges, customers provide all trenching and conduit needed for construction. Exact charges will be determined after thorough plan review and discussion with the customer.

Component-based Charges for New Construction: Prices listed are for estimating purposes only. Exact pricing will be determined by project at the time of invoicing. Estimated charges are subject to change at SRP’s discretion and are revised every six months.

Residential rates

Commercial rates

Construction process 

See what to expect at each step of the construction process.


During predesign, we'll gather information to create a customized plan to get your project connected to the power grid as quickly and easily as possible.

After you complete the online form to start a project, an SRP representative will call you within three business days to talk about other information we might need from you, including:

  • An initial set of project plans
  • A completed SRP Plan Review Request formDocument is a PDF
  • A completed Request for Design formDocument is a PDF
  • Developers seeking new or upgraded electrical service are required to submit preliminary site plan documents to initiate the infrastructure design and construction process.

Next, we’ll meet to review your plans, discuss responsibilities on the Customer ChecklistDocument is a PDF and develop a timeline.


Once we meet with you and review your documents, we'll design a plan for your project.

When you receive these design plans, known as redline prints, you'll have an opportunity to review and request any changes. You'll be asked to have the property marked by Blue Stake, and you'll be given a list of SRP Survey requirements (control points).

When both parties agree on the plan, we'll give you an Owner Agreement that you'll complete and return. (See a sample.Document is a PDF) If your power lines will cross other properties, we'll have you obtain Owner Agreements from those property owners too.

Next, we'll provide a contract for you to review. (See a sample.Document is a PDF) The contract will go into detail about what SRP will construct, what you'll construct and any fees that may be required.

You can pay in full or make two payments. The first 25% payment covers design fees and is non-refundable. The final 75% payment is due 60 days before your project is connected to the power grid.

After you sign the contract and submit your first payment, we'll provide your construction prints.

Customer Construction

Your construction prints will detail your construction responsibilities as well as ours. They will also have information about the inspections we'll perform along the way.

Before you begin construction, you'll attend a preconstruction meeting with your SRP design consultant to review your construction prints. You can arrange to have any additional contractors attend this meeting too.

Then, construction can begin.


We'll inspect your trench and conduit as well as any pads you install for our equipment. We'll also inspect your service entrance sections (or SES/meter panels), but you'll have to establish billing accounts first.

You can establish a billing account by contacting us at (602) 236-0777(602) 236-0777 or construction@srpnet.com. A load summary form and billing detailsDocument is a PDF will be needed for each meter.

Insider tip: If trench and conduit work is involved, be sure all of it has been inspected. The same holds true for three-phase transformer pads; we need to inspect those as well.

Your part of the construction is considered complete when:

  • You've passed 100% of our inspections.
  • You've received an electrical clearance – typically from the city or county.
  • You've executed all necessary easements.
  • You've submitted all payments and contracts.

Note: If street lighting is part of your project, we'll also need a letter of authorization – typically from the city or county – in order to send the project to SRP Construction.

SRP Construction

During this phase, our construction crews will connect your project to the power grid. Crews typically start construction within seven days of your final inspection.

Construction consultants, supervisors and working foremen will all work with you during this phase to be sure your project is completed on time. In the unlikely event of an unforeseen construction issue, they will communicate regularly and keep you informed of any schedule changes.

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about construction services.

Call (602) 236-0777. Please have the address or account number handy.
This information is listed in Section 9 of the Electric Service Specifications Manual. You can also email SRP’s shop drawings department for the SES/meter panel at shopdraw@srpnet.com
Time frames can vary greatly depending on the nature of your project and the scope of work required. It can take anywhere from a couple of days for a small project to multiple months for a more complex project. 
There are things you can do to help move the process along. Being responsive to requests for information and making sure that contractors get their work done in a timely manner can greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to get a meter.
SRP will need to inspect any trench and conduit work, as well as any electrical panels that SRP will meter. Call the SRP Inspections number. This number is listed within the "Contacts" box on your job print. SRP Inspections groups are determined by locale.
A redline print is basically a fully completed utility design that will be given to you early in the design process for review and approval. It is a bid-quality product designed to help you engage contractors before construction prints have been produced.
If you wish to simply turn on service to an existing home, please call (602) 236-8888. For an existing business, call (602) 236-8833. If you wish to make modifications to your service, please call (602) 236-0777 or use our online form. Please have the address available.
This information can be found on pages 1–31 through 1–35 in Section 1 of the online Electric Service Specifications Manual. To request fault current data for arc flash studies, please email DDE@srpnet.com and include address(es) and SRP meter number(s) along with requester contact information.

Documents and forms

Click to download any of the following forms, procedures or specifications related to SRP’s construction progress.



Water engineering for construction projects

If you are planning a construction project, there is a good chance that you will encounter an SRP irrigation facility. Even if a facility has been removed, or appears to be inactive or abandoned, there may be legal requirements for the facility and associated land rights.

It is important that you contact SRP Water Engineering to find out if an SRP irrigation facility is near your project, whether it may need to be relocated, and the process involved. A license from SRP is necessary to do any work or to construct improvements or other facilities within an SRP irrigation facility right-of-way. Find out more about SRP's irrigation system.

Below are links to frequently used standard drawings, specifications and documents.

Standard drawings

Other documents

How to contact us

Below is a list of ways to contact SRP Water Engineering regarding various topics.

For assistance in identifying whether an irrigation facility is near your project:

(602) 236-5799
(602) 236-8533

For information regarding SRP's review of your project plans and licensing requirements for work or improvements within an SRP right-of-way:

(602) 236-5799
(602) 236-8533

For information regarding SRP policies and processes in connection with design and relocation of irrigation facilities to accommodate your project:

(602) 236-4877

To obtain a copy of SRP irrigation facility location drawings:

Complete the irrigation facility drawing request form or call (602) 236-5799; (602) 236-8533

Bridges across SRP canals:

(602) 236-0405

Development of recreational and commercial use of canal rights-of-way:

(602) 236-5961

Other questions:

(602) 236-4877