Electrical Specifications Guidelines and Handbooks
SRP is here to support you. Here, you’ll find all electrical specifications guidelines and handbooks available for download.
On this page:
On related pages:
Connecting to SRP’s grid
The interconnection handbook specifies SRP’s requirements for safe and effective interconnection of your generating facility to the SRP electric utility distribution system. In the handbook, you’ll find your interconnection options, steps for applying and guidance for getting the job done. Here’s some information to keep in mind as you review:
- SRP defines distributed generation as a generally small (up to 20 MW) electric generating facility that is dedicated to the support of nearby associated load.
- Distributed generation can utilize both renewable (photovoltaic, wind, water, farm waste, etc.) and nonrenewable energy sources (natural gas or other fossil fuels for conventional engines, turbines and fuel cells).
- Regardless of the kind of distributed generation electric output (AC or DC at various voltage levels), the interconnection must conform to company standards when connected to the utility's electric system.
- SRP permits any customer to operate generating equipment in parallel with the company's electric system, provided there is no adverse effect on the company's other customers, equipment or personnel, or the quality of service.
- Certain protective devices (relays, circuit breakers, etc.), when specified by the company, must be installed at all locations where the customer desires to operate generation in parallel with the company's system.
Find the standards manual for your electric project
To receive electric service from SRP, licensed electrical contractors must follow SRP’s standards and specifications for obtaining electric service. You can find and download those standards and specifications here.
It’s important to note that these standards can only be accessed electronically. If you have questions or need support, please email Engineering_Standards@srpnet.com
Click to download each handbook*:
- Electric service specifications manual (22MB)
- Electric service specifications – Section 9 – metering and SES (6MB)
- Painting SRP pad-mounted equipment
- Overhead distribution construction standards (29MB)
- Underground distribution construction standards (35MB)
- Communications design & construction standards (13MB)
- Outdoor lighting standards (11MB)
*The contents of these links are SRP proprietary material. This material is intended solely for use with the SRP electric system. It may not be suitable for use with other electric systems. SRP does not warrant the accuracy, correctness, non-infringement, merchantability, suitability or fitness for a particular purpose of the information, materials and information contained herein.