Customer Generation Price Plan
On this price plan, customers with rooftop solar panels can save on the energy they buy from SRP. To maximize savings, use your major appliances during off-peak hours and stagger major appliance usage during on-peak hours.
On this page:
How it works
Oftentimes, customers who have solar panels need to supplement the energy they generate with power from SRP.
Much like the SRP Time-of-Use (TOU) Price Plan, the Customer Generation Price Plan allows you to save money on your electric bill by using less electricity during on-peak hours. The difference with this plan is that it offers two additional ways to save on your bill:
- The energy charge on this plan is about half the rate of the TOU plan – the lowest of any SRP residential price plan.
- There is a per-kilowatt demand charge, based upon your usage of the energy supplied by SRP. By avoiding the use of appliances during on-peak hours and using appliances one at a time, you can keep the demand charge lower.
This is the plan for you if:
- You want low per-kWh energy prices for energy supplied by SRP.
- You want the potential to save by managing your energy demand.
- Your demand is typically consistent.
You'll see a per-kilowatt demand charge on your bill – it’s based upon your usage of the energy supplied by SRP.
The demand charge is based on the 30-minute interval during on-peak hours when your home used the most electricity. These intervals are measured between every hour and half-hour during on-peak hours (from 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., for example).
On-peak hours are weekdays from 5–9 a.m. and 5–9 p.m. from November through April and weekdays from 2–8 p.m. May through October. All other hours are off-peak, including weekends and six observed holidays , and the demand charge does not apply.
You’ll also see a monthly service charge, which helps cover the costs of grid access and maintenance. It's $32.44 on this plan for most residential customers. A portion of this plan's monthly service charge is based on the size of your home's service entrance section (SES) – the electrical panel where power enters the home. Most homes within SRP's service territory will be billed $32.44 per month. Some very large homes with an SES larger than 200 amps will pay $45.44 per month.
The service charge is higher on this plan than on the TOU price plan because TOU customers pay a higher energy charge and grid costs are partially collected through those rates.
Learn how to save on solar and demand price plans.