SRP’s procurement services and process
SRP's Procurement Services department provides customer-responsive management for the purchase, receipt, storage and delivery of materials and services for corporate operational and capital program requirements.
Our intent is to ensure that all purchasing transactions provide the greatest economic value while protecting the interests of SRP.
On this page:
On related pages:
A note about the impacts of global supply chain disruptions on SRP
Supply chain disruptions are nothing new to SRP. In general, utilities, including SRP, are accustomed to dealing with temporary disruptions such as those caused by weather-related events. However, over the past couple of years, the global supply chain has experienced disruption at a mass level previously unseen. The challenges, spurred on by reactions to the COVID-19 pandemic and ongoing geopolitical tensions, have wreaked havoc across the entire supply chain, spanning all industry and business.
SRP is not immune and has felt the impacts, including price increases from inflation and production-related supply shortages as well as extended lead times related to logistics bottlenecks and labor shortages.
SRP's Supply Chain team has taken proactive steps to fulfill SRP's commitment to provide an uninterrupted supply of water and power to our customers. The Supply Chain team works closely with SRP's customer-facing business areas, regularly reviewing scheduled work to ensure SRP has the necessary materials to support our customers and shareholders. Reviews provide opportunities for:
- Accurate lead time estimating for ordering and receiving materials
- Adjusting inventory levels to support future business needs
- Managing supplier relationships to establish preferred customer status and working with key suppliers to develop innovative solutions
- Targeted strengthening of SRP's supplier base to address gaps and respond to the rapidly changing supply chain landscape
- Maintaining amicable relationships with other utilities to leverage access to materials
SRP's collaborative approach has resulted in successfully ensuring the continuity of the supplies and services required to meet SRP's business objectives.
Interested in becoming an SRP supplier?
Prospective suppliers are invited to register.
Existing suppliers may log in to SRP's self-service supplier portal and update their supplier information.
Paying our suppliers
We prefer to pay our suppliers through electronic funds transfer (EFT). If you wish to enroll in this service, please log in and update your supplier information on SRP's self-service supplier portal.
Download the SRP letter of credit.
On-site services requirements
If your company will provide on-site services to SRP, follow these instructions:
Complete the Contractors Safety Management Program (CSMP) questionnaire.*
Provide copies of OSHA 300 logs or 300A summaries for the past three (3) years.
Provide copies of your experience modification rating (EMR)** for the past three (3) years. (You will need to request this from your company's insurance provider. It can be in a letter or you can provide individual NCCI sheets.)
Email the completed form and supporting documents to CSMP1@srpnet.com.
SRP purchases a variety of goods and service. Explore the list below.
- Benefits and administration
- Contract programmers
- Electrical supplies
- Industrial supplies and tools
- Lab chemicals
- Long distance services
- Cellular phone services
- Mainframe hardware
- Office furniture and equipment
- Office supplies
- PC and mainframe software
- PCs and related peripherals
- Printed goods and services
- Safety and first aid supplies
- Travel services
- Boilers and parts
- Combustion turbines and parts
- Electric motors
- Welding equipment and supplies
- Capacitors and switchgear
- Street lighting parts
- Line construction
- Pole line hardware
- Right-of-way clearance
- Steel towers and poles
- Wooden poles
- Wire and cable
- Carbon steel fittings
- Gas measurement equipment
- Line pipe
- Pressure vessels
- Vehicle fuel
- Vehicle maintenance
- Weld and threaded fittings
- Power transformers and switchgear
- Disconnect switches
- Power breakers