Shade screen and window film rebate
About 50% of the heat that enters your home comes through the windows. This makes shade screens and window film some of the most effective and affordable energy efficiency upgrades.
Get your rebate
Get a rebate of $1 per square foot on professionally installed shade screens or window film. Here's how
- Find a participating contractor.
- Download this terms and conditions form and have your contractor sign it. You’ll need to submit the signed form during the application process.
- Complete the rebate application online or download it, complete it and send it by mail.
"Honestly, I was amazed. After installing the screens on 20 windows in my house, I expected to see some savings. But when I looked at my SRP annual usage chart, it showed that I used 25% less energy. I saved energy every month — including the hot summer months."Robert V.Gilbert
Your online application checklist
Here’s what you’ll need to complete a Shade Screen and Window Film Rebate Application online:
- A paid-in-full invoice, including:
- The installing contractor/company name, address and Arizona Registrar of Contractors (ROC) license number
- The date of installation
- The address of installation, including unit/apartment numbers
- The total square footage of installed shade screens listed by direction (east, south and west)
- The percentage of solar heat gain that the shade screens block (minimum of 80%)
- The total cost of installation (price without north-facing window and/or bug screen installation)
- A signed contractor terms and conditions form (Download it here.)
- The installation date (Don’t submit an application until the screens are installed.)
- The total square footage of your home
Rebate program requirements
To participate in the shade screen rebate and window film program, you must:
- Be a permanent SRP residential electric customer.
- Live in a single-family detached, attached or mobile home or an apartment/condo.
- Purchase and install new or refurbished qualifying shade screens or install window film through a licensed contractor by April 30, 2023.
Shade screen requirements:
- Install shade screens that block at least 80% of the solar heat gain on sunstruck windows only (west-, south- and east-facing windows).
- Install screens on the exterior of clear glass windows that enclose an air-conditioned space.
- Motorized or retractable shade structures are not eligible for the rebate unless installed along with photocell solar sensor equipment.
Window film requirements:
- Install window film on the interior of clear glass windows that enclose an air-conditioned space.
- Install window film with a maximum solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) of .45 on the interior of double pane sunstruck windows only (west-, south- and east-facing windows).
- Install window film with a maximum solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) of .40 on the interior of single-pane sunstruck windows only (west-, south- and east-facing windows).