SRP power quality services
SRP has a dedicated team that helps ensure power quality. See the services we offer to support your business with reliable energy.
On this page:
SRP delivers some of the most reliable electric service in the Southwest, and our team is dedicated to providing exceptional power quality services. However, our customers are ultimately responsible for protecting their valuable electrical equipment should power fluctuations occur.
Here’s what that means for you:
- You’ll need thermal protection. The National Electrical Code (NEC) requires thermal protection when there is a single phasing event (a loss of voltage on any one line).
- Typical thermal protection may not be enough. Fuses, breakers or overload devices may not be sufficient to protect your three-phase equipment when single phasing conditions occur.
- A variety of protection devices are available. You’ll need a licensed electrical contractor to inspect your three-phase equipment and install devices if needed to protect against phase loss, phase imbalance and overvoltage conditions.
Have questions or concerns? Reach out to your Strategic Energy Manager today.
Prevent power interruptions with SRP services
Our services help you find the cause of and solution for power quality problems. See how to prevent unwanted power interruptions while saving time and money with SRP power quality services.
You may encounter problems with motor startups, load imbalances, harmonics, system power outages or improper grounding or wiring.
One call to SRP results in an engineering investigation, a written report with recommended solutions and a turnkey solutions proposal.
Preventive electrical testing
Using state-of-the-art equipment, SRP will perform an on-site inspection of your electrical equipment to assess whether it is running safely and identify any problems before damage occurs.
We perform three tests, analyze the results and provide you with a written report detailing the condition of the equipment and any recommended repairs.
Test 1: Infrared thermographic inspection
Infrared imaging can help detect problems in your business facility's equipment, helping you avoid situations that can lead to electrical and mechanical failure. SRP's infrared thermographic inspection can be performed on all types of electrical equipment and can be conducted on a one-time or a regular basis.
Test 2: Grounding system integrity test
This test measures ground resistance and ensures your grounding electrodes meet the requirements of the National Electrical Code. Improperly installed or failing grounding systems can cause severe safety and power quality problems throughout your facility.
Test 3: Power quality and load monitoring
This test will evaluate your overall power quality and load capability, including power factor, current, voltage, imbalance and harmonic spectrum.
What to expect during your power quality investigation
Our power quality process identifies power quality issues quickly and allows you to implement the most cost-effective solution as soon as possible. Here’s what you can expect when working with our team:
- Startup meeting: You’ll provide all of your observations and we’ll learn your electrical history in order to develop an appropriate plan of action.
- Visual inspection and electric test: We survey your facility's power distribution and grounding system. We also check voltage and current while exercising your equipment to actual performance levels.
- Monitoring: Using specialized testing and monitoring equipment, we look for critical disturbances taking place during normal work cycles.
- Detailed reports: We then provide you with a detailed report that summarizes the power quality characteristics of your electrical distribution system.
- Tailored solutions: We recommend steps to improve your electrical environment that we can also implement for you.
- Follow-up: We follow up with you to make sure that the changes implemented have worked as planned.