ENERGY STAR® rebates for Phoenix homebuilders
More than 80% of consumers trust ENERGY STAR as the EPA-backed symbol of energy efficiency. Greater Phoenix homebuilders can now take advantage of the ENERGY STAR brand name while securing incentives through SRP’s ENERGY STAR Homes program.
On this page:
Home Performance incentives shall be determined by the home’s total estimated annual kWh savings as compared to a code-built home. Additional bonus incentives are available for EV-Ready space, Heat Pump Water Heaters, Multi-stage Heat Pumps, and ENERGY STAR NextGen Certification.
Through this rebate program, Phoenix-area homebuilders will:
- Receive support from SRP for marketing homes to potential buyers.
- Earn government-backed recognition by meeting a higher standard of excellence.
- Build better quality, more consistent homes by meeting over 150 critical construction details, ensuring better process control and greater ROI.
- Get ahead of the curve by adapting to upcoming code requirements before they become mandatory.
Rebate Funds Available
Last updated: Jul 1, 2023
The program’s fiscal year is from May 1, 2023 through April 30, 2024.
For a home certified ON or AFTER May 1, 2021, the following incentive structure will be in place:
|kWh savings over code-built home (annual estimated)||$.12 per kWh|
|If ENERGY STAR NextGenTM Certified*(annual estimated)||$.15 per kWh|
|Electric vehicle (EV)-ready space (optional)||$300 per home|
|Heat pump water heater (optional)||$400 per home|
|Multi-stage heat pump (SEER 16 or greater) (optional)||$500 per home|
|ENERGY STAR NextGenTM Certification* (optional)||$2,000 per home (inclusive of $1,200 above)|
SRP will pay incentives for eligible new homes on a first-come, first-served basis until all incentive funding has been depleted for the fiscal year.
How to get started with SRP’s ENERGY STAR Homes program
Take these steps to qualify for ENERGY STAR incentives from SRP:
- Become an ENERGY STAR Partner.
- Complete an online application on SRP's Program Portal.
- Enroll eligible communities.
- Register homes (completed by designated Energy Rater).
- Complete construction.
- Submit testing certification for each home (completed by designated Energy Rater).
- Receive the SRP incentive payment.
You may also call Rebecca Smout at (602) 236-2489 or email Rebecca.Smout@srpnet.com.