Assess your home’s savings potential
Making your home more energy efficient is a great way to reduce your electricity bill. We offer services to help you identify opportunities to save energy and reduce your electricity bill. Choose the option that best fits your needs to get started.
On this page:
Home Energy Manager™ – Perform a DIY assessment
Short on time or not ready to meet with someone yet? You can use our online Home Energy Manager™ tool to perform a free do-it-yourself evaluation of your home.
In just 5 minutes, the tool will help you build a home profile, evaluate opportunites to save and present personalized recommendations to help you save energy and money.
SRP Home Energy Assessment – Let us uncover savings for you
With an SRP Home Energy Assessment, customers can get personalized, energy-saving advice from an experienced SRP Energy Ambassador. Best of all? We offer virtual and in-home assessments for your conveninence, and they are 100% free in most cases.*
What to expect during your assessment
During the assessment, an SRP Energy Ambassador will review the appliances, lighting and heating and cooling equipment in your home. The evaluation takes approximately 90 minutes, depending on the size of your home.
At the end of the assessment, the Energy Ambassador will give you:
- A customized assessment report of your home’s energy performance with personalized recommendations to help you save energy and money
- Access to exclusive appliance rebates for new ENERGY STAR refrigerators, heat pumps, water heaters, washers, dryers and dishwashers.
- Information about other SRP rebates for A/C replacements, shade screens, insulation, duct sealing, and more
- Free energy-saving products, worth up to $250, that will improve the efficiency and comfort of your home
The free products may include:
- Up to 25 ENERGY STAR® certified LED dimmable bulbs
- Up to two LED nightlights
- Up to two efficient-flow showerheads
- Up to four bathroom faucet aerators
- One kitchen faucet aerator
If you choose an in-home assessment, the Energy Ambassador will install the products for you during their visit. If you choose a virtual assessment, you will receive the products by mail in 1-2 weeks after the date of your assessment.
Schedule a Home Energy Assessment online by using the link below or calling (602) 236-3065.
Renters can save, too!
If you live in a complex that has five units or fewer, talk with your property manager about your interest in having your unit’s energy efficiency checked. With their approval, you can schedule an SRP Home Energy Assessment and learn ways to save energy and money.
Have questions? Our customer care team is here to help. Email us.
*All virtual assessments are free. In-home assessments are free for income-qualified customers who are also eligible for the following programs: Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP); Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC); and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). If you are not eligible for these assistance programs, the in-home assessment will carry a $49 fee. This fee will be added to your SRP bill after the assessment has been completed.
**Customers have six months to apply for rebates after the SRP Home Energy Assessment is complete.
Home Energy Audit – Hire a certified Home Performance contractor
Ready to tackle a larger energy improvement project? You can save $100 on an in-person Home Energy Audit by an independant Home Performance contractor. They will complete a comprehensive inspection of your home and perform diagnostic testing to make sound recommendations that will help you save energy and money.
After completing an initial interview to learn more about your energy behaviors and habits, the contractor will perform an in-depth audit of your home's:
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems
- Air supply and return ductwork
- Building envelope (attic, walls and windows)
After completing the inspection, the contractor will provide upgrade recommendations with a break down of project costs and potential savings. If you decide to move forward with the project, your contractor will perform the work and ensure you receive any available SRP rebates to help offset costs.
With this rebate, you’ll receive $100 off the audit cost when conducted by a participating contractor. The rebate will be applied as an instant discount on the contractor’s invoice.
Here’s what you’ll need to qualify for this rebate:
- You must be a current SRP residential electric customer who lives in a single-family detached or attached home or apartment/condo. (New construction homes and mobile homes are not eligible.)
- Your energy audit must be performed by a participating BPI-certified professional who is licensed in Arizona and included on the SRP list of available contractors in the audit program.
All audit processes and reports must meet BPI building analyst standards and the EPA’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® guidelines.
Don’t miss out on federal tax credits
In addition to SRP rebates, federal tax credits are available to help offset the cost of many energy improvement projects. You may be eligible to receive a credit worth up to 30% of the cost of home energy audits, heat pump replacements, water heater installs, insulation and window upgrades, and more. Please consult your tax adviser to determine which credits you are eligible to receive.
Find the federal tax credits to help with your project.