SRP Solar for Nonprofits™
Help local nonprofits save on power so they can invest where it counts.
On this page:
Help nonprofits go solar
For as little as $3 a month, you can help Valley nonprofits save valuable dollars on their energy bill. Your donation goes toward a solar energy system, installed and maintained by SRP. The SRP Solar for Nonprofits program has saved community groups more than $985,000 to date.*
By the numbers
solar power systems installed at organizations throughout the Valley since 2007.
collectively saved by local nonprofits through the program.
causes supported, from wildlife rehabilitation to domestic violence services.
Nonprofits: apply for a free solar energy system
The Solar for Nonprofits program is now accepting applications.
- Review the requirements listed below to verify eligibility.
- If eligible, request an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information.
- All emails will be responded to within three business days.
Nonprofits must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Be a designated 501(c)(3).
- Have headquarters that are located within SRP's electric service territory and be an SRP electric customer.
- Own the building or parking structure on which the solar energy system will be installed. If there is no parking structure, own the parking lot where a structure can be added. SRP will cover the expense of adding a structure.
- Be willing to work with SRP or an SRP-selected contractor on installation.
- Be willing to sign a standard SRP Distribution Interconnection Agreement (less than 1 MW).
- Allow a preliminary site survey at the building/parking lot to be conducted by a contractor selected by SRP to verify that the site is suitable for the installation.
Please note SRP is unable to support the following:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, or national origin.
- Political or lobbying organizations.
- Civic or social organizations.
- Religious organizations or churches.