Student and graduate programs
Many of our employees started their careers as SRP interns. Our internships provide students paid, hands-on experience across the company, with opportunities available in everything from engineering to marketing.
SRP internships come with flexible schedules, networking, training and competitive salaries. Our student workers don’t push paper and fetch coffee. As valuable members of the team, SRP interns work on real projects and get paid to do it. Whether you’re in high school, college or graduate school, you are eligible to apply.
|SRP strives to cultivate a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Learn more about our diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives.|
Undergraduate and graduate
SRP interns come from associate programs, four-year colleges and even doctorate programs. We take applications year-round. See the full list of college internship requirements and benefits below.
- Must be enrolled in a degree program (no certificates)
- Must have a minimum of six credit hours per semester
- Able to work a minimum of 15 hours a week
- Undergrads make $18/hr
- Graduate students make $20/hr
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid sick time accrual
- $1,000 tuition reimbursement after six months of employment
- Ability to apply to internal job postings
“With an internship, you have a manager and peers you can model yourself after to learn the professionalism of the job, accountability of work ethic, and how to handle yourself and manage projects.”Wes KnuthEngineering Manager and former SRP intern
Office-based interns typically support teams based at SRP’s corporate headquarters in Tempe. Office internship opportunities may include assignments in marketing, media relations, technology, legal and more.
Shop and field internships
If you’re looking to explore roles that work outside of an office setting, our shop and field internships might be for you. These internships offer students the chance to support team members that have truly hands-on careers.
SRP’s high school internship program employs high-potential Valley students who are currently enrolled in a Cooperative Office Education program (COE) or an Industrial Cooperative Education program (ICE) as a class during their senior year. The internship will run throughout senior year.
The goal of this program is to provide work experience to encourage career development, nurture growth in the business environment, and channel students toward positions of responsibility within the community.
Email us at email@example.com for more info.
Since we treat internships the same as other jobs at SRP, internships are created as needed and are posted to our careers page every Monday with the rest of our open positions. We encourage interested candidates to explore our job postings to learn more about the requirements and responsibilities for specific roles. Here’s what you can expect during the application process:
1. Apply onlineExplore all open positions, find the one that suits your skills, talents and experience the best, and apply online.
2. InterviewThis is our chance to get to know each other. The interview process can vary by department, but it usually involves an interview with a hiring panel and another interview with leadership.
3. Screening processIf you get selected, it’s company policy that you must pass a background check and drug screening.
4. Decision timeIf we think you’re a great fit and you like what you see, we’ll make an offer.