Apply to be a rotational engineer
Gain experience and exposure in the field or office. Recently graduated engineers can chart their path in our Rotational Engineering Program.
Our Rotational Engineering Program will help further your technical skills and provide valuable work experience at a company that has been delivering water and power to the Phoenix metropolitan area for more than 100 years.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|SRP strives to cultivate a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Learn more about our diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives.|
SRP enrolls approximately 12 recent engineering graduates in our rotation program, typically six in January and six in July. The ideal candidate for the program has completed a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited program.
In addition to meeting the academic degree requirement, we are looking for candidates who exhibit good communication skills, an ability to work on a team or individually, and a passion for the engineering discipline.
Engineering majors currently under consideration include electrical, mechanical, civil and chemical. This position will provide engineering services to SRP in a technically sound, safe, timely and cost-effective manner to enable SRP to realize its goals and objectives for providing water- and energy-related services.
Planning your rotations
- Upon hire, you will be assigned a company mentor. The mentor will provide you with guidance and advice to build your rotational career plan. Mentors are engineers, many of whom began their careers at SRP through the rotation program.
- You will work four six-month rotations in your selected departments.
- You can select from engineering assignments in 47 different departments within our water or energy businesses.
- At the end of the two-year rotation, you will perform an evaluation with your mentor.
- When you successfully complete the program, you can apply for open engineer positions or request placement within the company. SRP business needs and your interests determine placement.
Where you will be working
Locations are primarily in Phoenix, Arizona. However, some assignments will require travel to facilities around Arizona outside the Phoenix area.
"I highly recommend applying for the SRP Rotational Engineering Program. Not only because it sets a great foundation for your career and a great kickstart to the career of an engineer, but it also ensures a very rewarding future as an engineer."Vy K.University of Arizona alumnusMechanical Engineering
We can’t wait to get to know you and see if you’d be a good match. Here’s what you can expect during the application process:
1. Apply onlineExplore all open positions, find the one that suits your skills, talents and experience the best, and apply online.
2. InterviewThis is our chance to get to know each other. The interview process can vary by department, but it usually involves an interview with a hiring panel and another interview with leadership.
3. Screening processIf you get selected, it’s company policy that you must pass a background check and drug screening.
4. Decision timeIf we think you’re a great fit and you like what you see, we’ll make an offer.