Project Red Hawk CEC filing
On Sept. 23, 2019, SRP filed an application for a Certificate of Environmental Compatibility (CEC) with the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC).
All documents filed with the ACC related to Project Red Hawk are available on the ACC eDocket website.
On this page:
On related pages:
Project Red Hawk was heard before the Arizona Power Plant and Line Siting Committee and received a recommendation to approve the CEC on a 7-1 vote. The switchyard has been required to be constructed with the area SRP had defined and proposed at the northern portion of the project site; however, the switchyard will be constructed as far south as practical within the designated location. The Committee required a 10 foot wall be constructed on the North and East side of the switchyard to mitigate the visual impact of the switchyard.
On Dec. 10, 2019, the ACC unanimously approved the CEC for the project. The approval is the final step of the application process and enables SRP to move forward with project design and construction. ACC Decision No. 77551: CEC Approval
- Prehearing conference transcript
- Hearing transcript from Nov. 5
- Hearing transcript from Nov. 6
- Hearing transcript from Nov. 7
Download the CEC
- CEC application
- Exhibit A: Project Location and Land Use
- Exhibit B: Environmental Studies
- Exhibit C: Areas of Biological Wealth
- Exhibit D: Biological Resources
- Exhibit E: Scenic Areas, Historic Sites and Structures, Archaeological Sites
- Exhibit F: Recreational Purposes and Aspects
- Exhibit G: Concepts of Typical Facilities
- Exhibit H: Existing Plans
- Exhibit I: Noise Emissions and Communication Interference
- Exhibit J: Special Factors