Stay cool with an AC rebate
Get up to $1,125 back on a new energy-efficient AC, heat pump or mini-split system.
Arizona's summer heat demands a lot of our homes, especially our air-conditioning systems. To meet these demands, we often install the largest, most affordable systems to keep us comfortable on the hottest days. Unfortunately, this can result in higher than necessary costs and reduced comfort on the milder days.
If you're considering upgrading your AC, take advantage of the SRP Cool Cash™ Rebate Program. A participating contractor can help you select the best system to keep you comfortable all summer long and install it in accordance with industry and manufacturer specifications to ensure it operates at peak efficiency. If you need assistance finding a contractor, we can help.
The chart below identifies the rebates available for the various equipment configurations.
All qualifying equipment must be listed in the CEE/AHRI Verified Directories as meeting or exceeding the efficiency minimums (ceedirectory.org ). Mini-splits can be ducted or ductless. Incentives paid by ton or half-ton of the system's nominal cooling capacity as listed by manufacturer's specifications. Rebates effective with installations on or after Feb. 1, 2019.
AC rebate program requirements
To participate, you must:
- Be a permanent SRP residential electric customer who resides in a single-family detached, single-family attached (up to four dwelling units) or mobile home or apartment/condo (up to four dwelling units).
- Have the qualified system installed by a licensed residential contractor by April 30, 2020.
- Replace or supplement an existing central heat pump or central AC with a new high-efficiency system that meets minimum efficiency ratings.
- Submit Manual J load calculations with your application on single-stage systems or the application will be delayed or denied. Load calculations are not required for multi-stage or variable-capacity systems.
- Allow, upon request, SRP or our agent to inspect the installed unit to verify compliance with Cool Cash requirements.
- Download and complete the Cool Cash rebate application.
- New construction homes and window units do not qualify.
- Both indoor air handler and condensing units must be replaced on split central systems.
While results will vary based on your existing system, size of home, comfort preferences and price plan, an efficient system replacement can save 30-50% on your annual cooling costs.
|Compressor type (typical SEER)||Size (tons)||Savings estimate*|
|1 year||15 years|
|Single-stage (16 SEER)||3||$240||$3,600|
|Multi-stage (18 SEER)||3||$300||$4,500|
|Variable-capacity (21 SEER)||3||$370||$5,500|
* Results will vary. Assumes replacement of existing 11 SEER system, $0.11/kWh and 2,141 cooling hours.
AC system warning signs
It's time to call an SRP Certified Contractor if your:
- Central air conditioner or heat pump is 10 years or older.
- Electricity use increases while your comfort decreases.
- Cooling or heating system is noisy.
- System runs longer to maintain the same thermostat setting.