Gilbert ambient air quality station data
SRP constructed an ambient air quality station in Gilbert about two miles away from the Santan Generating Station. The purpose of this station is to monitor the area's air quality, which is affected by various sources, including:
- autos and trucks
- construction equipment
- dust, smoke and wood-burning activities
- construction sites and unpaved roads
- industrial, commercial and residential activities
SRP collects data from the station and makes it available to the public on a quarterly basis.
Report data is provided for each pollutant in relation to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) measurements. These are the same measurements that the Maricopa County Air Quality Department uses to monitor more than 25 air quality sites to determine the County's attainment status with the Clean Air Act.
Because the Gilbert site is not an official County monitoring site, the data provided here is strictly for informational purposes.
When reviewing the reports, please keep in mind:
- A "standard" is a measurement established and accepted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS).
- An "exceedance" is a value above the level of the standard. Note: the occurrence of an exceedance does not mean there has been a violation of the air quality standard.
View the reports
To help you interpret reports from the Gilbert ambient air quality station, before viewing them, please see this table of parameters and standards from the EPA's National Ambient Air Quality Standards. Also, note that the standard for the 24-hour PM2.5 average measurement was changed from 65µg/m3 to 35µg/m3 effective Dec. 17, 2006.
Available Gilbert Air Quality Reports include those from these timeframes:Final Report - May 2003 to July 2007
October to December 2007
July to September 2007
April to June 2007
January to March 2007
October to December 2006
July to September 2006
April to June 2006
January to March 2006
October to December 2005
July to September 2005
April to June 2005
January to March 2005
October to December 2004
July to September 2004
April to June 2004
- Learn about EPA standards, offsets and terms in the air quality section of the EPA Web site.
- Visit the Maricopa County Air Quality Department Web site.