Apply for a free pool fence
SRP partners with United Phoenix Fire Union Charities to help keep families safe and prevent drownings. The Pool Fence Program provides a pool fence to families with young children who meet program qualifications.
The Pool Fence Program was established in 2001, after more than 50 children drowned in the Valley that summer. Since inception, more than 800 pool fences have been installed.
Drowning is the leading cause of accidental death in Arizona among children 1-4 years of age, according to the Arizona Department of Health Services. Each year, an average of 19 children lose their lives due to drowning in Maricopa County.
Families are encouraged to apply for a pool fence, provided they meet the following requirements:
- A child 6 years or younger must be living in the home.
- The home must be owner-occupied (no renters).
- Families must be income-qualified.
- Families must live in Maricopa County.
- Special circumstances will be considered.
A Spanish application is also available. Submit completed documentation in one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (602) 277-1503
- Mail: Adopt-a-Pool-Fence Program, 61 E. Columbus Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85012
For questions, please call (602) 277-1500.