Safety events and offers
As part of an ongoing commitment to the communities we serve, SRP coordinates water safety events and efforts with numerous local organizations.
SRP in partnership with Phoenix Children’s Hospital is offering free water safety workshops, Playing it Safe, for parents and caregivers of children ages five and under. During this one-hour workshop, adults will learn:
- basic water safety,
- ways to reduce stress at the swimming pool and
- tools to improve supervision.
The program helps parents recognize the stresses that can sometimes occur on what should be a fun day at the pool and empowers them with information and tools to make pool time enjoyable and safe.
Workshops can be scheduled in small groups, or individually. For more information about Playing it Safe, email email@example.com.
Swimming lessons are fun and can help save lives. SRP is committed to helping keep families safe around water, which is why we sponsor swimming lessons around the Valley.
- City of Mesa Making Waves program (free children's swimming lessons)
- City of Phoenix Kool Kids program (reduced rate of $3 for swimming lessons at select pools)
- City of Peoria Free swimming lessons at select pools
- City of Buckeye Free swimming lessons for children and adults
- Salvation Army Kroc Center Scholarships for reduced rate swimming lessons for families who qualify
- Town of Gilbert Free or reduced cost swimming lessons for children
|Oct 21||Chandler Mayor’s Day of Play||Tumbleweed Park
2250 S. McQueen Road, Chandler
|8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Oct 21||Tempe Fire Safety Day||Tempe Fire Training Center
1340 E. University, Tempe
|10 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Oct 21||Celebrate Mesa||Red Mountain Sports Complex
905 N. Sunvalley Blvd., Mesa
|5 - 9 p.m.|
|Oct 27 - 29||Billy Moore Days||Western Avenue (old town Avondale)
From Dysart Road to Central Avenue
|Oct 28||Fire House Fun Day||Museum of Fire
6101 E. Van Buren St., Phoenix
|9 a.m. - 1 p.m.|