Stay cool with an AC rebate
Get up to $800 back on a new energy-efficient AC or heat pump
Correct sizing of your AC or heat pump system and proper installation are critical to ensuring your energy savings and maximum indoor comfort.* Our Cool Cash rebate program requires your contractor to install and verify your new air conditioner meets industry standards and manufacturer specifications to operate at peak efficiency.
Curious about how much you could save with a high-efficiency AC system? Use our online calculator to find out.
* Results may vary based on SEER, size of home, system design and usage.
The chart below identifies the rebates available for the various equipment configurations.
Central AC and Heat Pump
Package and Split Systems
|16.0 or higher||12.0 or higher||8.0 or higher||$400|
|17.0 or higher||12.0 or higher||8.0 or higher||$600|
|Variable-capacity compressor||12.0 or higher||8.0 or higher||$800|
All qualifying equipment must be listed in the CEE/ARI Verified Directories as meeting or exceeding the efficiency minimums (ceehvacdirectory.org ). Incentive amounts listed above are effective with equipment installed after May 1, 2016.
AC system warning signs
It's time to call an SRP Certified Contractor, if your:
- Central air conditioner or heat pump is 10 years or older.
- Electricity use increases while your comfort decreases.
- Cooling or heating system is noisy.
- System runs longer to maintain the same thermostat setting.
AC rebate program requirements
To participate you must:
- Be a permanent SRP residential electric customer that resides in a single-family detached, single family attached (duplex, triplex or quadplex only), mobile home or apartment/condo (duplex, triplex or quadplex only).
- Replace an existing central heat pump or central AC with a new high-efficiency system that meets minimum efficiency ratings.
- New construction homes and window units do not qualify.
- Both indoor air handler and condensing units must be replaced on split systems.
- Manual J must be submitted with application or application will be delayed or denied.
- Have the qualified system installed by a residential licensed contractor by April 30, 2019.
- Upon request by SRP, you must allow SRP or our agent to inspect the installed unit to verify compliance with Cool Cash requirements.
- Download and complete the Cool Cash rebate application
Terms to know
- Seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER): measures how efficiently a central cooling system (air conditioner or heat pump) will operate over an entire cooling season
- Energy efficiency ratio (EER): measures how efficiently a cooling system will operate when the outdoor temperature is at a specific level (usually 95º F)
- Heating season performance factor (HSPF): measures how efficiently heat pumps will operate in their heating mode over an entire heating season
- Variable speed capacity systems: continuously adjust (modulate) power output of the compressor motor enabling it to speed up or slow down according to the heating or cooling load in the home. This ability to modulate compressor capacity enables many of the advantages of variable speed technology including improved efficiency, comfort and precise cooling/heating load matching. Pre-set stage compressors do not qualify for the variable capacity compressor rebate but may qualify for other rebates.