Plant savings with free shade trees
Cool up to $50 off your annual energy bill
SRP's Shade Tree Program provides customers up to two free desert-adapted trees (approximately 4-to-6 foot saplings) to plant in energy-saving locations around your home. Shading your home helps reduce cooling costs, improve air quality and lower the Valley's heat effect without using a lot of water.*
To receive a free tree, participants are required to attend a free workshop to learn how to best plant and care for your trees. Space is limited. Reserve your spot by signing up online.
You must be a current residential SRP electric customer, attend a Shade Tree workshop and:
- Have the legal right to plant trees on the property
- Plant trees on the south, west and east sides of your home
- Plant trees within 15 feet of exposed exterior walls and windows
- Have the ability to care for the tree, as needed
- Have not previously received trees for the property from an SRP shade tree workshop
For more information, call (602) 325-1254
Before you plant a tree, call Arizona811 to find out where existing underground lines are located. One call to this free service notifies the appropriate local utilities, which send technicians to the requested site to mark the approximate location of existing underground lines.
SRP reserves the right to change or terminate this program without prior notice.