Find out if you qualify for the Medical Preparedness Program
If someone in your home depends on medical life-support equipment, reliable electric service is crucial. The Medical Preparedness Program ensures that qualified customers are prepared for planned power outages by notifying them beforehand.
For more information about the Medical Preparedness Program, call us at (602) 236-8888(602) 236-8888. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays.
How it works
The Medical Preparedness Program is an outage preparation and notification program for customers who require electricity to operate medical life-support equipment. If a planned outage is scheduled, you’ll be notified in advance so you can decide whether to stay home or leave home temporarily.
To participate in the program:
- The patient must be using at least one of the following at home*:
- Kidney/hemo/peritoneal dialysis equipment
- Infant apnea monitor
- Feeding or infusion pump
- Suction machine
- Oxygen concentrator
- Left ventricular assist device
- The SRP account must be enrolled in a residential price plan. Customers who are enrolled in the SRP M-Power® price plan should call us to explore other price plans that would allow them to participate in this program.
- A physician must verify the patient's medical equipment needs within 60 days of enrollment and once again every three years. Applications must be accompanied by a prescription slip.
Enroll in the program
To enroll in the program, call our team of resource counselors Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. at (602) 236-3000(602) 236-3000. For after-hours questions or to have an application mailed to you, call (602) 236-8888(602) 236-8888.
You can also download the Medical Preparedness Program Application for Enrollment Document is a PDF, print it and complete it with help from your physician.
Returning your application
There are three ways to return your completed application. Remember to include a prescription slip from your doctor.