Find out if you qualify for the Medical Preparedness Program
If someone in your home depends on medical life-support equipment, reliable electric service is crucial. The Medical Preparedness Program ensures that qualified customers are prepared for planned power outages by notifying them beforehand.
On this page:
For more information about the Medical Preparedness Program, call us at (602) 236-8888(602) 236-8888. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays.
How it works
The Medical Preparedness Program is an outage preparation and notification program for customers who require electricity to operate medical life-support equipment. If a planned outage is scheduled, you’ll be notified in advance so you can decide whether to stay home or leave home temporarily.
To participate in the program:
- The patient must be using at least one of the following at home*:
- Kidney/hemo/peritoneal dialysis equipment
- Infant apnea monitor
- Feeding or infusion pump
- Suction machine
- Oxygen concentrator
- Left ventricular assist device
- The SRP account must be enrolled in a residential price plan. Customers who are enrolled in the SRP M-Power® price plan should call us to explore other price plans that would allow them to participate in this program.
- A physician must verify the patient's medical equipment needs within 60 days of enrollment and once again every three years. Applications must be accompanied by a prescription slip.
Enroll in the program
To enroll in the program, call our team of resource counselors Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. at (602) 236-3000(602) 236-3000. For after-hours questions or to have an application mailed to you, call (602) 236-8888(602) 236-8888.
You can also download the Medical Preparedness Program Application for Enrollment Document is a PDF, print it and complete it with help from your physician.
Returning your application
There are three ways to return your completed application. Remember to include a prescription slip from your doctor.
|Send photos of your paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.||Fax your paperwork to (602) 629-7909(602) 629-7909.||Mail your paperwork to:
Medical Preparedness Program PAB275
P.O. Box 52025
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2025