Save $276 with the Economy Price Plan
Energy can represent a significant expense, especially to households on tight budgets. Customers with limited incomes (see chart below) can receive a $23 monthly discount on their SRP electric bills through the Economy Price Plan – that's $276 a year.
On this page:
You may be eligible for this discount if you meet the following conditions:
- You are an SRP customer with an account in your name.
- You live at the address where the discount will be received. This address must be your permanent residence.
- Your total monthly household income before taxes and/or deductions must be at or below the federal income guidelines below.
|Household size||Monthly income level||Household size||Monthly income level|
|1 person||$1,698||5 people||$4,058|
|2 people||$2,288||6 people||$4,648|
|3 people||$2,878||7 people||$5,238|
|4 people||$3,468||8 people||$5,828|
|More than 8 people||add $590 per person|
Enrolling for the first time
Enrollment is easy! If you are eligible, you will be enrolled immediately. Here are three different options for enrolling:
- Complete the online application.
- Call SRP at (602) 236-8888(602) 236-8888. Outside the Phoenix area, call (800) 258-4777(800) 258-4777. We’re here to serve you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Download the application and return it via email, U.S. mail or fax. Directions are on the application.
Reapplying for the Economy Price Plan
When it’s time to reapply, SRP will mail you an application. To verify whether you’re still eligible for the program, you will need to return the application along with proof of income for everyone in your household who has income.
Once you submit your application and income documents, SRP will contact you via mail or email to let you know of your application status. You can also check your application status in the Price Plans & Programs section on SRP My Account™.
Here are the different options for reapplying:
- Create an SRP My Account™ or sign in and view the Price plans and programs section.
- Fill out the application SRP mailed to you and make copies of income documents. You can mail back your paperwork using the envelope we’ve included, or you can email pictures of your paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your account has recently been removed from the Economy Price Plan for not responding to the income verification request we sent and you would like to reapply, please call or email us for further instructions.
Questions? Call an SRP Customer Resource Counselor at (602) 236-8888(602) 236-8888, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Or email us at email@example.com 24/7.
We know that energy can represent a significant expense, especially to households on tight budgets. In many cases, SRP's Customer Resource Counselors can offer referrals for possible assistance.
When appropriate, SRP representatives will refer customers to our counseling team. Counselors then link these customers to resources available in the community, such as utility bill assistance, shelter, food, clothing or medical care.
As part of SRP's efforts to provide value to the communities we serve, our counselors also conduct energy education workshops and participate in various community events, recommending beneficial SRP programs.
If you receive an SRP bill and the charges are less than the monthly discount, the billed amount will be decreased to $0. For SRP M-Power® customers, the monthly credit will be available on the 1st of each month.
Support for our customers
If you're having trouble paying your electric bill for any reason, please call (602) 236-8888(602) 236-8888 as soon as possible. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays, to discuss your circumstances and help find a solution.
SRP offers programs to help reduce bills and cut energy usage at home.