Official rules for SRP’s 2023 Touchdowns for Teachers™ promotion
Sponsor: The Sponsor of this promotion is Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District (“SRP”), with offices at 1500 N. Mill Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281.
The 2023 SRP Touchdowns for Teachers Promotion (the “Event”) is open to teachers 18 years of age or older who are employed at a public, charter or non-profit private school in SRP service territory and complete the requirements described under “To Enter” below. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of SRP, which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to this promotion. SRP reserves the right to modify these Official Rules at any time.
- Dates of Promotion/Entry Periods: The Event will begin at 12:01 a.m. Arizona Time on the first day of the Arizona Cardinals’ preseason, Thursday, Aug. 11, 2023, and will end at 11:59 p.m. Arizona Time on the date of the Arizona Cardinals’ last regular season game, either Saturday, Jan. 6, or Sunday, Jan. 7, 2024.
- Prizes: Entrants will be entered into a drawing to win a $500 classroom grant to be used to purchase hands-on materials to improve lessons and class engagement. Funds are not to be used for field trips or one-time events.
- Eligibility: Only teachers as described above may enter. Employees and directors of SRP, its affiliate companies and its advertising and promotion agencies involved in the advertising, execution, and/or distribution of this promotion, and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members,* and those living in their same households are not eligible. Participants must agree to abide by these Official Rules. *Immediate family member means spouse, children (natural or adopted) and their spouses, stepchildren, grandchildren, grandparents, parents or spouse's parents, stepparents or spouse’s stepparents, siblings and their spouses, stepsiblings and their spouses, and siblings of a spouse.
- To Enter: To participate, eligible teachers must visit the webpage for SRP’s 2023 Touchdowns for Teachers Promotion either via desktop or mobile device at srp.net/touchdowns, and fill out the entry form.
- Or, eligible teachers may enter via email by sending his or her name, home address, phone number, and school’s name and address to SRP at email@example.com. The subject line must read “2023 SRP Touchdowns for Teachers Promotion” and be received between 12:01 a.m. Arizona Time on Aug. 11, 2023, and 11:59 p.m. Arizona Time on the date of the Arizona Cardinals’ last regular season game, either Saturday, Jan. 6, or Sunday, Jan. 7, 2024.
- Winner Selection and Drawing: During each week of the Event, SRP will select two (2) winners for each touchdown scored by the Arizona Cardinals during that week’s Cardinals football game, with the exception of the Cardinals’ “bye week.” For each such Cardinals touchdown, two (2) teachers will win a $500 classroom grant (“Prize”). Prize winners will be selected through a random drawing each week of the Event (other than Bye Week) from all valid entries received, including online entries and entries received by email. Three (3) alternate winners also will be selected weekly. Only one Prize will be awarded per teacher. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries submitted.
- Winners will be notified by email and posted on the 2023 SRP Teachers for Touchdowns website on the Winners List within ten (10) business days of the drawing. Prize checks will be written and sent by Cardinals Charities to the winning teachers at the address of their school.
- A winner may not substitute, assign, or transfer his or her Prize prior to awarding, but SRP reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equal or greater value if deemed necessary for any reason.
- Winners may be asked to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility / Liability Release, a Consent and Publicity Release, and an IRS Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (if applicable) within ten (10) business days of notification. If these forms are not returned in a timely manner, or if winners are found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
- To receive a list of the names of the winners of the Prizes, please send an email request with “2023 SRP Touchdowns for Teachers Promotion” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org on or after Jan. 7, 2024.
- Taxes on Prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners. SRP will mail an IRS Form 1099 to each Prize winner no later than Dec. 30, 2024.
- Conditions of Participation: Winners agree to release and hold harmless SRP, members of its governing bodies, and its employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind, either directly or indirectly related to, or arising from, the Event or from acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of any Prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and/or property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Publicity Release: Each entrant, including Prize winners, through his or her participation in the Event, irrevocably grants SRP, the Arizona Cardinals and Cardinals Charities the right to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, and any other personal characteristics in any and all media in connection with the Event and the advertising and promotion thereof, and each entrant hereby releases SRP, the Arizona Cardinals and Cardinals Charities from any liability with respect thereto.
- No Purchase Necessary; Void Where Prohibited. No purchase is necessary to enter the Event. The Event is void where prohibited or restricted.
- General Conditions: SRP is not responsible for late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, or undelivered emails; or for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, or other connections including those through and/or by any website or app, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable, or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure, or delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; any error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed email notifications; printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within these Official Rules; or any other errors, problems, or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing, or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Event.
SRP is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in connection with the Event.
SRP is not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Event.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Event or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion of the Event by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void.
Entries generated by a script, macro, or other mechanical or automated means will be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the natural person or organization which has been assigned the email address in question.
Any attempt to deliberately damage the operation of the Event may be unlawful and subject to legal action by SRP. SRP shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for suspected violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Event and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. SRP’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
SRP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Event for any reason, including computer viruses or bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes including corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Event.
In the event of cancellation, SRP reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to elect to identify winners and award the prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation.
- Governing Law: The Event and these Official Rules shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Arizona and any applicable federal laws. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Official Rules, or their application to particular persons or circumstances, is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of these Official Rules shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The venue for any cause of action arising out of the Event or these Official Rules shall be located in Maricopa County, Arizona.