Overhead and Underground Electrical Safety Workshop
Making contact with an energized power line can be deadly. Don't let that happen to you.
Each year SRP hosts a free workshop that covers the potential hazards of coming in contact with overhead and underground power lines, which run throughout Valley neighborhoods.
The workshop is intended for anyone who works in landscaping, tree trimming, excavating, roofing, HVAC, painting or uses scaffolding on the job.
The next workshop is scheduled to be held on Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018, at the PERA Club in Tempe.
- Registration opens Oct. 1, 2017.
- Workshop attendance is limited to the first 400 registrants.
- Employers may register all current employees (no limit).
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- Presentations and materials will be available in English and Spanish. Headsets will be provided to workshop participants who prefer Spanish.
- Lunch and a chance to win raffle prizes is included.
- Participants can receive CEUs (A/U/T/M) from the International Society of Arboriculture.
The following topics are typically, but not always, covered during the workshop:
- Overhead and Underground Electrical Safety Demonstrations
- Safe Work Practices
- Arc Flash Exposure
- Overhead Electrical Safety/Step Potential
- Tree Rescue
- Tree Hazards and Storm Response
- Crane Safety
- Blue Stake, Underground Safety and Trench Safety
- Live Electrical Demonstration
- Damage Prevention
- Right Tree, Right Place Demonstration
View Larger Map