Smart thermostat users, get $75
Bring your own thermostat and get paid.
Choose between two Bring Your Own Thermostat (BYOT) programs based on the smart thermostat you have installed in your home.* Upon enrolling in one BYOT program, you'll receive a $75 SRP bill credit per thermostat (up to two eligible devices). And after each subsequent summer season, you'll earn an additional $25 bill credit per smart thermostat for continuing in the program.
How to join
For Nest thermostats:
- Sign in to your Nest.com account.
- Make sure your Nest thermostat is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Complete the signup form . If eligible, your bill credit will be added to your SRP account within two billing cycles.
For other thermostats:
If you have purchased and installed another smart thermostat brand, enrollment for the SRP Flex Rewards program will reopen in 2019. See if your thermostat is eligible, and sign up to be notified when the program is recruiting.
How it works
The BYOT programs help SRP reduce peak demand and also aid in maintaining grid reliability. Conservation events typically occur when demand for energy is at its highest, such as during hot summer afternoons, but may be called under other circumstances to reduce strain on our grid. A smart thermostat can help you use less energy during conservation events by automatically turning the temperature up a few degrees during peak times.
What you can expect:
- Prior to a conservation event, you will be notified of the event's timing and duration. Enable push notifications, if available, in your thermostat's app settings, so you don't miss out on communications.
- A symbol or message may appear on your thermostat during an event.
- Depending on conditions, SRP may precool your home prior to a conservation event to help balance comfort and energy. Additional energy consumed during precooling will be offset by energy not consumed during the conservation event.
- You're in control and can opt out of a conservation event and change the temperature anytime.
- Thermostat settings during an event may seem extreme and may adjust frequently. These settings are designed to maximize the precooling or conservation impacts but rarely indicate the actual temperate your home will reach.
- There could be a maximum of 15 conservation events each summer. Conservation events occur between noon and 9 p.m. on weekdays only (holidays excluded).
- You must be an SRP residential customer.
- You may only enroll in one BYOT program.
- Your cooling system and connected thermostat must be at the location of your SRP residential account.
- Your Wi-Fi connection and thermostat(s) have to be connected to your thermostat's account.
- You must have an account with your thermostat's manufacturer to enroll in SRP's program. If you do not have one, you will need to establish one prior to enrollment.
- You will need to provide your SRP account number to complete the application.
- For additional program information, call (602) 236-2951.
Note: SRP M-Power customers must make a minimum energy purchase of $1 for credit to apply.
For Nest questions, visit the Nest support page or call (602) 236-2951.
For other thermostat questions, visit the Flex Rewards support page or call (602) 236-2951.
Looking to make a smart thermostat purchase?
A smart thermostat can help you use less energy and live comfortably in your home while staying in control of your energy usage. Visit the SRP Marketplace for special discounts on smart thermostats and other devices to help you save.