Diversity, equity and inclusion at SRP
SRP is committed to applying the power of diversity, inclusion and belonging to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
On this page:
A diverse workforce
SRP strives to cultivate a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. This diversity provides unique perspectives and solutions that better serve our customers.
We provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law.
SRP employees share why they believe diversity, equity and inclusion are important.
Our workforce achievements and commitments include the following:
- We are the first water and power organization in the U.S. to achieve designation as a Certified Autism Center™.
- We have a partnership with The Precisionists Inc., which developed Arizona’s first program to hire individuals with autism.
- We are a signee of ONE Community’s UNITY Pledge.
- We are recognized by the Arizona Coalition for Military Families as an Arizona Veteran Supportive Employer.
- We are a City of Tempe Equal Pay Business Partner, a designation given to Tempe businesses who prove that they have less than an 8% pay gap between genders.
- We are a Profiles in Diversity Journal® Diversity Team Award winner (SRP DEI Team in 2021, SRP Supplier Diversity Team in 2020).
You’re only as good as the company you keep, and our company supports varied suppliers in all of our bidding practices. SRP’s Supplier Diversity team promotes a composition of corporate spend reflective of the community by utilizing diverse businesses, including:
- Small local firms
- Minority suppliers and contractors
- Woman-owned businesses
- Veteran and service-disabled veteran enterprises
- LGBTQ businesses
- Disabled-owned businesses
Learn more about Supplier Diversity at SRP.
At SRP, we proudly support the rich diversity of our communities and customers with strategic, focused and impactful programs that reach underserved populations and support our core mission to contribute to SRP’s role of making Arizona a better place to live.
We also identify, cultivate and continuously optimize mutually beneficial community partnerships that enable us to create direct customer engagement experiences, connections and education opportunities.
Some of the nonprofits we partner with include Arizona Foundation for Women; Arizona Opportunities Industrialization Center; Arizona YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix; Asian Corporate & Entrepreneur Leaders (ACEL); Black Theatre Troupe; Cesar Chavez Leadership Institute; Chicanos Por La Causa; Jobs for Arizona’s Graduates; Phoenix Chinese Week; Phoenix Indian Center; Pinal Hispanic Council; State of Black Arizona (African American Leadership Institute – AALI); Valle del Sol Hispanic Leadership Institute; the Centers for Habilitation; ONE Community; Veterans Medical Leadership Council; and the Veterans Heritage Project.
Meet our employees
It’s not just SRP that gives back. Meet SRP’s exceptional employees who show up for their respective communities by donating their time and resources.
On the SRP Blog
Amber Clinkscales balances markets, community in role at SRP
Electrical engineering at SRP
Life as a line worker