Contact customer newsletters
Download the latest issue of Contact , which features information about money-saving energy tips, electric safety, new SRP services and SRP sponsored public events.
Para ver las ediciones más recientes de nuestro boletín informativo en español haz clic aquí.
December featured story
6 ways to save energy this winter
Here are some tips to help you save energy during the cooler months.
- Set your thermostat between 68° and 70° when you are home and at 65° or lower when you’re away.
- Open curtains during the day to allow sunlight to naturally heat your home. Close them at night to keep the heat from escaping.
- Seal leaky doors and windows with weather stripping and caulk.
- Decorate with energy-efficient LED holiday lights that use up to 90% less energy than standard bulbs.
- Consider using timers for your exterior lights. It will make your home more secure at night and avoid wasting energy during dawn, early evening and daytime hours.
- Do your baking during off-peak hours if you are on an SRP Time-of-Day Price Plan.
For more ways to keep your energy bill low, visit savewithsrp.com.
For more tips and news, read the latest issue of Contact .
November featured story
Check your home’s energy use with a TrickleStar device
The SRP Energy Analyzer program can help you find out how much energy your household appliances and electronics use.
A TrickleStar® energy monitor sheds light on the ways you use energy every day and can help you uncover “vampire” appliances —the ones that use energy even when they are turned off. Armed with this information, you can take action to reduce your household energy usage and lower your monthly bills.
The devices can be borrowed for free from local public libraries. For a list of participating libraries or more details, go to savewithsrp.com/energyanalyzer or call (602) 236-9659.
For more tips and news, read the November issue of Contact .