SRP Solar for Nonprofits™
Help local nonprofits save on power so they can invest where it counts.
On this page:
Help nonprofits go solar
For as little as $3 a month, you can help Valley nonprofits save money on their energy costs now and over the 20 year life of these systems. Your donation covers the cost of installing these solar systems. Reducing energy costs allows these organizations to put money back into the community. The SRP Solar for Nonprofits program has saved our solar recipients more than $1,000,341 to date.*
By the numbers
solar power systems installed at organizations throughout the Valley since 2007.
collectively saved by local nonprofits through the program.
causes supported, from wildlife rehabilitation to domestic violence services.
Nonprofits: apply for a free solar energy system
The application period is now closed and will reopen in 2024.
Nonprofits must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Be a designated 501(c)(3).
- Have a location that provides services within SRP's electric service territory and be an SRP electric customer.
- Own the building and parking lot on which the solar energy system will be installed.
- Be willing to work with SRP or an SRP-selected contractor on installation.
- Be willing to sign a standard SRP Distribution Interconnection Agreement (less than 1 MW).
- Allow a preliminary site survey at the building/parking lot to be conducted by a contractor selected by SRP to verify that the site is suitable for the installation.
Please note SRP is unable to support the following:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, or national origin.
- Political or lobbying organizations.
- Civic or social organizations.