SRP's annual Water Conservation Expo
The 12th annual Water Conservation Expo will take place March 2, 2019. Attendees will have the opportunity to purchase a smart irrigation controller at a discounted price, attend classes, receive a water-efficient Evolve* showerhead and learn from over 50 exhibitors.
Where: PERA Club, 1 E. Continental Drive, Tempe
Day: Saturday, March 2, 2019
Time: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Up to 70% of residential water use is outdoors. When installed, programmed correctly and properly maintained, EPA WaterSense-labeled smart irrigation controllers can deliver water savings of at least 20% more than traditional controllers.*Evolve showerheads will only be available at the expo while supplies last.
Controllers and modules
Expo attendees have the option to purchase either a Rain Bird smart irrigation controller, expansion module(s) (Rain Bird only) or a Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler controller. The discount is limited to the first 1,000 SRP customers who register for and attend the expo.
Rain Bird controller and modules
A Rain Bird ESP-SMTe model that is a four-station outdoor controller and is easily expandable to 22 stations. The controller has an on-site weather and rain sensor with local device control. Learn more about the features .
There are limited quantities of the Rain Bird smart irrigation controller as it is being discontinued. Rain Bird will warranty the product and provide customer support. Pre-purchase of the controller is required and can be completed after the registration process.
- Smart controller cost is $60 plus tax (retail value is $367.82).
Discount and rebate: Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply discounted price for expo attendees is $115; SRP provides an instant rebate of $55.
Three- and six-station Rain Bird expansion modules will also be available for purchase at the expo and through pre-sale. Households are limited to purchasing three modules.
- Three-station expansion module cost: $15 per module plus tax (retail value $58.83).
Discount and rebate: Ewing discounted price is $25, SRP instant rebate is $10.
- Six-station expansion module cost: $45 per module plus tax (retail value $106).
Discount and rebate: Ewing discounted price is $35, SRP instant rebate is $10.
Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler controller
The Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler controller model that will be available is an eight-station indoor controller but can be adapted for outdoors with an enclosure box (included).
- Smart controller cost is $60 plus tax (retail value is $229.99) and includes the enclosure box (retail value is $29.99).
Discount and rebate: Ewing discounted price for expo attendees is $135; SRP provides an instant rebate of $75.
The controller is Wi-Fi enabled allowing you to monitor and adjust watering schedules using a smartphone, iPad or laptop. Additionally, the controller also works with other home automation products such as Amazon Alexa. Learn more about the features .
There are two options to complete the purchase of a controller and/or modules*:
- Pre-purchase and pick up your items at the expo. Available for all items.
After registering, instructions on how to pre-purchase a controller and module(s) at the discounted prices listed will be provided. Rain Bird controllers must be pre-purchased. The SRP instant rebate will be applied.
All pre-purchased controllers and modules will be available for pickup at the expo by presenting a valid receipt.
- Purchase at the expo, available for Rachio controllers and Rain Bird modules only.
Ewing will accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and checks as payment at the event.
*For all purchases, customers are responsible for sales tax, which is applied to the Ewing discounted price for the controller and/or module(s) as listed above. Customer may only purchase one of the two available discounted controller options and there is a limit of one controller per household.
At the expo
There will be a variety of activities for the whole family, including:
- Exhibitors presenting information on ways to save water and money.
- An interactive snowpack measuring display.
- An educational bird demonstration by Liberty Wildlife.
- Landscape professionals on-site to provide advice.
- Water conservation products and rebate program information.
The expo will feature three free classes. Each will be offered at 9, 10 and 11 a.m. during the expo:
- Rain Bird Smart Irrigation Controller: This 50-minute class will teach you about the ESP-SMTe, which promotes water efficiency by using historical weather data along with on-site rainfall and temperature information to determine daily watering run times. Can't attend? Rain Bird provides an in-depth online tutorial on how to program the device.
- Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller: This 50-minute class will provide instruction on configuring your controller including weather station selection, zone configuration and schedule types. Additionally, you'll learn about the merits of cloud-connected controllers and how this technology can be integrated with smart home platforms such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
- Water Harvesting 101 with Watershed Management Group: This 50-minute class will teach you how to create a backyard landscape that utilizes rainwater. Topics covered will include water harvesting principles, basics on earthworks, rain tanks and grey water systems for your home landscape design.