SRP wants to empower educators to create classrooms where everyone can succeed. That's why we provide complimentary teacher training to help inspire students on how water and power shape the world around us.
Fall workshop registration
Save your seat at the complimentary workshops below. Space is limited!
(click title for description)
|Aug 24||Powering Our Future||3-6||Wait-list|
|Sep 7||Powering Our Future 2||3-6||Wait-list|
|Sep 7||Powering Our Future||3-6||Wait-list|
|Sep 14||Arizona Water Story||3-6||Wait-list|
|Sep 21||High School Powering Our Future||7-12||Wait-list|
|Sep 28||Electricity and Magnetism||3-6||Wait-list|
Powering Our Future
Powering Our Future 2
Powering Our Future
Arizona Water Story
High School Powering Our Future
Electricity and Magnetism
Workshop locations and details
Fall workshops will be held at one of two locations. Check your inbox upon registering to see your workshop location.See a detailed description of the fall and spring workshops typically offered.
- Arizona Water Story (Grades 3-6): Although oceans cover 70% of the Earth's surface, only 3% of that seemingly inexhaustible supply is freshwater, with only 1% considered usable freshwater. SRP offers an in-service primer about the desert's most precious resource. Workshop topics include central Arizona water history, water management concepts, environmental water issues and water science. Participants will receive water resource materials and a video.
- Engineering Our Future (Grades K-2): Engineering Our Future is designed for K-2 teachers. It is a 4-hour workshop where teachers will learn about the engineering design process, the transference of energy, renewable and nonrenewable resources and conservation. Background content knowledge and classroom-ready materials will be provided. Curriculum is tied to State Standards and teachers will receive 4 hours of Continuing Education Credits.
- Electricity and Magnetism (Grade 3-6): This module has been developed to assist educators in understanding and teaching concepts of electricity and magnetism, and the lessons are aligned to Arizona state academic standards.
- Oral History 101: Adding a VOICE into Your Curriculum (Grades 4 - 12): This workshop provides teachers with the tools and materials to implement oral history projects in the classroom. As students listen to and document first-hand historical accounts by community members history will come to life. These new voices will expand students’ understanding of history by providing additional context and dimension to past events.
- Powering Our Future (Grades 3-6, 7-12): This workshop focuses on renewable energy technologies and energy conservation. The Powering Our Future program includes complete lesson plans as well as extensive background information for educators.
- Powering Our Future 2 (Grades 3-6, 7-12): This workshop is for teachers who previously completed the original Powering Our Future workshop. Dive deeper into understanding renewable energy and how to align these concepts with new Arizona State Science Standards. A $250 grant opportunity is available to attendees of the workshop.
- Solar Summit (Grades 3-6, 7-12): This workshop is tailored to those who want to learn more about solar energy in Arizona, why we don't have more of it and how we can best teach about it. This workshop will deepen teachers' content knowledge about how solar energy (specifically photovoltaic energy) works and give teachers the tools and resources to teach about solar power.