Frequently asked questions about M-Power
Choose any link to get answers to your questions about M-Power.
The User Display Terminal displays the 'Cost Yesterday' and 'Cost Last Month,' helping you monitor your energy use in dollars and cents. You may also use the 'Present electric demand' to see the amount of energy you are currently using.
The kilowatt-hour (kWh) or unit cost of energy is different in winter and summer regardless of your price plan. The price you pay rises and falls with the demand for electricity.
During the coolest months, customer usage, generation costs and the price you pay are lowest. During the hottest months, customer usage skyrockets and generation costs to meet peak demand are highest.
Those customers switching rate plans, but not establishing service at a new address, are not subject to the turn-on fee.
- There is an $87.50 refundable equipment deposit.
- There is a non-refundable $11.50 plus tax UDT refurbishment fee.
- In the event the UDT is damaged, lost, or not returned when the account is closed, the charge is $133 plus tax.
- There is no cost for the smart cards.
- Current charges are listed on the SRP credit policy.
Yes. After the payment has been made, the customer will want to contact SRP to verify it has been received*. Once SRP has verified the payment, the customer can go to a PayCenter and insert $1 to load the eChex or credit or debit card payment onto the smart card.
*Please note that there is a fee charged by a third party for credit or debit card payments and the payments may take up to three business days before posting to the customer's electric account.
If you run out of credit, your meter will disconnect and you will need to make a purchase to restore power. If you run out of credit between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m., your meter will enter the Friendly Credit mode and run into negative credit. You must buy power prior to 8 a.m. the next day. The negative credit amount will be deducted from your purchase.
We extend $30 credit to get you started. This amount, along with the equipment deposit, if applicable, and any applicable fees and/or transferred balances are paid down each time you make a purchase.
*Maximum back balance is $1,000 that can be carried over from a credit account.
A customer meeting income guidelines may qualify for the EPP. Customers on the medical discount/rider are not eligible for the M-Power program.
SRP will remove the credit off your meter at the time of your turn off. Any credit or accumulated debt will be adjusted on your final bill.
The The most convenient way to return your UDT is by U.S. mail. Simply place the UDT in its original shipping box and use the postage-paid label already attached to the bottom to send it back to SRP. If you don’t have the original box anymore, call us at (602) 236-8855 and we will mail you a postage-paid envelope.
Your SRP M-Power® user display terminal (UDT) can also be returned to any UDT Return Station. Using a UDT Return Station is easy:
- Place the UDT in the envelope provided at the station.
- Seal the envelope.
- Remove the confirmation tag from the envelope to keep for your records.
- Drop the envelope in the station.
The UDT will be processed, and any account adjustments will be completed within three to five business days.
UDT return stations can be found at these locations:
- 3160 S. Alma School Road, Mesa, AZ 85210 (Alma School Road south of Guadalupe Road)
- 7050 E. University Drive, Mesa, AZ 85207 (University east of Power Road)
- 2626 S. 83rd Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85043 (Van Buren, west of 75th Ave.)
- 1521 N. Project Drive, Tempe, AZ 85281 (southeast of Van Buren across from the Phoenix Zoo)
- 3735 E. Combs Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85140 (southeast side of Combs and Schnepf roads)
Yes, over the next two years, SRP will be upgrading meters and in-home displays. The new equipment will lay the foundation for future enhancements, including the ability to view your daily usage history online and, ultimately, purchase power using your PC, laptop or smartphone. Be on the lookout for more communication from SRP as we keep you informed about when we will visit your home to exchange your equipment.