Infrared thermographic inspection
SRP's infrared thermographic inspection can help protect the equipment in your business facility through infrared imaging, detecting problems that can become expensive and time-consuming if not corrected. The inspection can be performed on all types of electrical equipment in your facility and will determine if abnormal heating conditions exist when the equipment is operating, a situation which can lead to electrical and mechanical failure.
SRP can perform a one-time infrared inspection to determine if problems exist, or we can inspect your facility on a regular basis. Regular inspections allow us to perform trend analysis on the condition of your equipment, which are useful in forecasting short- and long-term maintenance needs.
After the inspection, you will receive a detailed report identifying the location, description, thermal image analysis and recommended solutions for identified temperature abnormalities. Find out how you can request service.
An infrared thermographic inspection includes:
- Onsite inspection by an SRP thermographer who is certified to meet guidelines established by the American Society for Nondestructive Testing
- Use of state-of-the-art thermographic equipment
- Analysis and report of findings
- Nondestructive evaluation (NDE)
- Increases equipment reliability and reduces maintenance costs
- Improves power quality by identifying bad connections
- Decreases risk of accidents and fire
Planning for an infrared inspection
Follow these steps to assist you in planning for an infrared inspection, prioritizing and selecting the equipment to be scanned, and preparing for the on-site inspection with SRP's thermographer:
- Prepare for an efficient infrared inspection
These 10 easy steps provide you with helpful guidelines to follow when preparing for an infrared inspection.
- Use the online infrared planning and prioritization tool
View a schematic of a typical facility's electrical system, including suggestions on equipment prioritization, examples of infrared scans, and samples of the report information you can receive.
Improve your bottom line today. To find out more about SRP's infrared thermographic inspection, call your Strategic Energy Manager or complete the Power Quality service request form.