Customer Construction Services

Customer Construction Services


Starting a project

To start a new construction project, use the online form or call (602) 236-0777. In short, to begin the formal design process, you'll need a completed Plan Review Request form document is a PDF and all of the items listed above the Project Scope Review section on the SRP Checklist and Request for Design document is a PDF. A more detailed description of the construction process is available.

Call (602) 236-0777 and request an inquiry ticket for a cost estimate only. The assigned Project Leader will call you to gather additional info that is needed to determine the scope of work so they can provide you with the estimate. Online cost estimates are also available.

If you wish to simply turn-on service to an existing home, please call (602) 236-8888. For an existing business, call (602) 236-8833. If you wish to make modifications to your service, please call (602) 236-0777 or use our online form. Please have the address available.

Call (602)236-0777 and request a possible pole relocation or removal.

Call (602) 236-0777 for any request to modify an SES / Meter Panel. Have the address or account number available.

Design & Construction

A complete list of the preliminary site plan document requirements is available.

This information is listed in the Electric Service Specifications Manual in Section 9. In addition you can email the shop drawings department at SRP for the SES / meter panel at

This information can be found on pages 1-31 through 1-35 in Section 1 of the online Electric Service Specifications Manual. To request fault current data for arc flash studies, please email and include address(es) and SRP meter number(s) along with requester contact information.

Timeframes can vary greatly depending on the nature of your project and the scope of work required. It can take anywhere from a couple of days for a small project, to multiple months for a more complex project.

As the Customer, there are ways that you can help to shorten the amount of time it takes. Being responsive to requests for information and other deliverables, as well as making sure your contractors are getting their work done in a timely fashion can greatly reduce the amount of time required to get a meter.

It is recommended that you approach SRP to begin discussing your project as early as possible to ensure that you have power available when you need it.

Survey & Easements

SRP will provide the survey for easement. However, the customer will be responsible for engaging a registered land surveyor to provide various survey control points. The customer will be notified of these requirements early in the design process.

SRP's Land Department will create all easement language, and SRP Survey will create all of the exhibits. As the customer, you may be required to establish certain survey control points in order for SRP Survey to collect the required data.

Once the easement language has been created, it will be sent to the customer for signature by the underlying land owner. Once the signed and notarized documents are returned, the SRP Land Department will record the easement with Maricopa County.

Contact your assigned Land Agent. Your Design Consultant can provide you with the contact information for the assigned Land Agent.

If you are not actively working on a project with SRP on the associated property, you can call (602) 236-0777 and ask to speak with someone from the SRP Land Department regarding an easement abandonment. If you are actively working on a project with SRP, simply notify the Designer, Project Leader, or Land Agent assigned to the project.


You will need SRP to inspect any trench and conduit work, as well as any electrical panels to be metered by SRP. Call the SRP Inspections number. This number is listed within the "Contacts" box on on your job print. SRP Inspections groups are determined by locale.

The SES / meter panel inspection can be requested at the same time as the job's final inspection if the SES / meter panel is installed and the following items have been completed:

  • Shop drawings need to be submitted to and approved.
  • You must have a request for new or modified service on file.
  • You must have an account establised with SRP for the SES / meter panel in question.
  • The labeling of the panel must be complete.
  • If trench and conduit work is involved, it must all be installed and have passed inspection.
  • If three phase transformers are involved, your pad must be installed and have passed inspection.
  • Any required contracts must be signed, and any invoices paid in full.

Both SRP and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) must inspect and pass your SES / Meter Panel once work is complete. The order of these inspections does not matter. The AHJ will notify SRP via email or fax once their inspection is complete.


An assessor's parcel number, or APN, is a number assigned to parcels of real property by the tax assessor of a particular jurisdiction for purposes of identification and record-keeping. The assigned number is unique within the particular jurisdiction.

A image of a Maricopa County Assessor's Map detailing what an APN number looks like on one of these maps.

MCR stands for Maricopa County Recorder. That number is a reference to a plat that has been recorded with the Maricopa County Recorder’s office. It serves as a way to identify a property.

A image of a Maricopa County Assessor's Map detailing what an APN number looks like on one of these maps.

A redline print is basically a fully completed utility design that will be given to you early in the design process for review and approval. It is a bid-quality product that should allow you to engage contractors before construction prints have been produced.

These are the things the customer is responsible for providing in order for SRP Survey to collect the necessary data for easement acquisition. Control points can include, but are not limited to, property corners with caps provided by a registered land surveyor, staking proposed curbing and/or walls, and providing Arizona Blue Stake with markings at various defined points.

If survey control points are required on your project, you will be given a list of requirements early in the design process.

The right to use or pass over the land of another. Usually a strip of land which is used for an electrical easement, a road, alleyway, railway or similar linear use.

An easement for overhead or underground utility facilities provided for the use of the public, including water, storm drainage, sewage, electricity and communication, owned and operated by any person, firm, corporation, municipal department, or board duly authorized by state or municipal regulations.