Page High School Vocational Scholarship
The following are details about the Page High School (PHS) Vocational Scholarship program.
- Applicants must be graduating Page High School seniors who will be full-time students at an accredited college or university for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The minimum GPA is 3.0.
- Applicants must exhibit leadership, citizenship, and have participated in extracurricular school activities, as well as display an overall positive attitude toward educational pursuits.
- Applicants must have two years of high school vocational classes in the allied area.
Scholarship assistance varies depending upon the availability of funds. The scholarship is not renewable. The decision of the NGS Scholarship Committee is final.
Funds may be used to pay for tuition, lab fees, books and supplies.
How to apply
Applications for the Page High School Academic Scholarship are due on March 27, 2020. Candidates must submit the following documents:
- A completed NGS Page High School Vocational Scholarship Application (300K).
- A one-page letter addressed to the Scholarship Committee explaining career goals, reasons for selecting the field of study, and why the student believes an NGS scholarship should be awarded.
- A current resume to include extracurricular and volunteer activities, and employment.
- A certified copy of the Page High School transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One from a PHS vocational education instructor familiar with the student's vocational abilities.
- One from a member of a community organization familiar with the student and their abilities.
Only complete application packets received by or post marked by April 10, 2020, will be considered. Applications may be hand-delivered to the Page High School Senior Class Advisor or by mail / email to the NGS Scholarship Committee.
Application packets may be submitted to:
NGS Navajo Scholarship Committee
Rachelle Lane, PER201
P.O. Box 52025
Administration of funds
The NGS Scholarship Committee administers the funds.
- The recipient must submit the address of the school's financial aid office to the Scholarship Committee by May 29, 2020.
- An SRP check for the full amount of the award is mailed to the school's financial aid office to be credited to the recipient's account.