SRP's annual Water Conservation Expo
The 11th Annual Water Conservation Expo is on March 3, 2018. Attendees will have the opportunity to receive a water-efficient Evolve* showerhead and learn from exhibitors.
Where: PERA Club, 1 E. Continental Drive, Tempe
Day: Saturday, March 3, 2018
Time: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Up to 70% of residential water use is outdoors. Installed, programmed correctly and maintained, these state-of-the-art EPA WaterSense-labeled controllers can deliver water savings of at least 20% more than traditional controllers.
*Evolve showerheads will only be available at the expo while supplies last.
Controllers and modules
At this time, all controller and module rebate vouchers have been allocated. There may be rebate vouchers available at the expo, check between 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. There is no guarantee that controllers and/or modules will be available at the rebate price. The discount was limited to the first 1,000 SRP customers who registered to attend.
The following controllers and modules were available:
Rain Bird controller and modules
A Rain Bird ESP-SMTe model that is a four-station outdoor controller and is easily expandable to 22 stations. The controller has an on-site weather and rain sensor with local device control. Learn more about the features . Three and six-station expansion modules were also offered.
Rachio Smart Sprinkler controller
The Rachio Smart Sprinkler controller model that was available is an eight-station indoor controller, but can be adapted for outdoors with an enclosure box.
The controller is Wi-Fi enabled allowing you to monitor and adjust watering schedules using a smartphone, iPad or laptop. Additionally, the controller also works with other home automation products such as Amazon Alexa. Learn more about the features .
Two options were provided to complete the purchase of a controller and/or modules*:
- Pre-purchase and pick-up your items at the expo.
After registering, you had the option to pre-purchase the controller and module(s) at the discounted prices listed through Ewing and the SRP instant rebate. All pre-purchased controllers and module(s) will be available to pick-up at the expo by presenting a valid receipt.
- Purchase at the expo.
Ewing will accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and checks as payment at the event.
*For all purchases, customers are responsible for sales tax, which is applied to the Ewing discounted price for the controller and/or module(s) as listed above. Customer may only purchase one of the two available discounted controller options and there is a limit of one controller per household.
At the expo
There will be a variety of activities for the whole family, including:
- An opportunity to meet Dave the Garden Guy.
- Exhibitors presenting information on ways to save water and money.
- Interactive snowpack measuring demonstration.
- Landscape professionals on site to provide advice.
- Water conservation product demonstrations and rebate program information.
The expo will feature three classes.
NOTE: At this time, all classes are now full.
- Rain Bird Smart Irrigation Controller: This 50-minute class will teach you about the ESP-SMTe, which promotes water efficiency by using historical weather data along with onsite rainfall and temperature information to determine daily watering run times.
- Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller: This 50-minute class will provide instruction on configuring your controller including weather station selection, zone configuration and schedule types. Additionally, you'll learn about the merits of cloud-connected controllers, and how this technology can be integrated with smart home platforms such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
- Plant Care and Maintenance for Xeriscapes with Dave the Garden Guy: What's the proper plant care that will keep your landscape beautiful, and looking its best throughout the year? Learn how to achieve success with proper watering, pruning, fertilizing, planting, tree staking and more during this 50-minute class. The bonus? You'll save time and water while creating a sustainable landscape that will attract birds, butterflies and other wildlife.