SRP's 10th annual Water Conservation Expo
Expo attendees will have the opportunity to purchase a Rain Bird ESP-SMTe smart irrigation controller at a discounted price, attend classes and learn from exhibitors.
Where: PERA Club, 1 E. Continental Drive, Tempe
Day: Saturday, March 4, 2017
Time: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Registration is closed but you are still invited to attend. Please note: all controller rebate vouchers have been allocated at this time.*
*There may be rebate vouchers available the day of the expo that can be used to purchase a controller at an Ewing location after the expo through March 18. However, there is no guarantee that you will be able to purchase the controller at the rebate price at the expo. The best time to attend will be between 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., at that time, we will have a better idea if we can accommodate your request.
Up to 70% of residential water use is outdoors. Installed, programmed correctly and maintained, these state-of-the-art EPA WaterSense-labeled controllers can deliver water savings of at least 20% more than traditional controllers.
Smart controllers and modules
The Rain Bird ESP-SMTe model that will be available is a four-station outdoor controller and is easily expandable to 22 stations.
- Smart controller cost is $50 plus tax (retail value is $314.15).
Discount and rebate: Ewing Irrigation and Landscape Supply discounted price for expo attendees is $125, SRP provides an instant rebate of $75.
- Customers are responsible for sales tax, which is applied to the Ewing discounted price.
- Estimated total for one controller, including tax and SRP instant rebate, is $57.88.
If you plan to purchase a smart irrigation controller, please read the Smart Irrigation Pre-Installation Guide and fill out the Pre-Installation Worksheet before attending. This will help you gauge how many expansion modules, if any, you will need. To take advantage of all 22 stations on the controller, purchase three six-station modules.
Three and six-station expansion modules will also be available for purchase at the expo and through pre-sale. Households are limited to purchasing three modules.
- Three-station expansion module: cost $15 per module plus tax (retail value $53.55).
Discount and rebate: Ewing discounted price is $25, SRP instant rebate is $10.
- Six-station expansion module cost: $25 per module plus tax (retail value $98.50).
Discount and rebate: Ewing discounted price is $35, SRP instant rebate is $10.
After registering, you will have the option to pre-purchase the controller and module(s) at the discounted prices listed through Ewing. All pre-purchased controllers and modules will be available to pick-up at the expo by presenting a valid receipt.
Purchasing at the expo
Ewing will accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and checks as payment at the event.
At the expo
There will be a variety of activities for the whole family, including:
- An opportunity to meet Dave the Garden Guy.
- Exhibitors presenting information on ways to save water and money.
- Landscape professionals on site to provide advice.
- Water conservation product demonstrations and rebate program information.
The expo features two classes, which you will have an opportunity to sign-up for during the registration process:
- Smart Irrigation Controller: This 50-minute class will teach you about the ESP-SMTe, which promotes water efficiency by using historical weather data along with onsite rainfall and temperature information to determine daily watering run times.
- Plant Care and Maintenance for Xeriscapes with Dave the Garden Guy: What's the proper plant care that will keep your landscape beautiful, and looking its best throughout the year? Learn how to achieve success with proper watering, pruning, fertilizing, planting, tree staking and more during this 50-minute class. The bonus? You'll save time and water while creating a sustainable landscape that will attract birds, butterflies and other wildlife.
View Larger Map