Overhead and Underground Electrical Safety Workshop
Making contact with an energized power line can be deadly. Don't let that happen to you.
Each year SRP hosts a free workshop that covers the potential hazards of coming in contact with overhead and underground power lines, which run throughout Valley neighborhoods. This year marks the 30th anniversary of the workshop.
The workshop is intended for anyone who works in landscaping, tree trimming, excavating, roofing, HVAC, painting or uses scaffolding on the job.
The next workshop will be held on Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018, at the PERA Club in Tempe.
- Workshop attendance is limited to the first 400 registrants.
- Employers may register multiple current employees.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- Presentations and materials will be available in English and Spanish. Headsets will be provided to workshop participants who prefer Spanish.
- Lunch and a chance to win raffle prizes is included.
The following topics are typically, but not always, covered during the workshop and the presentations vary every year.
- Live overhead and underground electrical safety demonstrations
- Safe work practices
- Arc flash exposure and step potential
- Vehicular accidents and staying safe
- Tree trimming job briefing
- Crane safety
- Blue stake
- ADOSH updates
View Larger Map