Water safety at home
When we think of water safety, we generally think of swimming pools. But there are many other places where water safety should be practiced. At home, remember to follow the tips below:
Watch children and teach safety
- Keep an eye on children around any water source and never leave a child alone near any kind of water. A child can drown in 2 inches of water.
- Bathtubs, water buckets, fountains, play pools and even toilets can be hazards; warn children to be careful around these seemingly innocent bodies of water.
- Teach children to dial 911 in emergencies.
- Have everyone in the family take swimming lessons. They're great family fun and can help save a life.
- Sign up for an American Red Cross CPR course by calling (602) 336-6660. You can also request a free CPR DVD from SRP.
Get additional SRP water safety resources.