Water safety at home
Water safety is an important part of the SRP Safety Connection™ program. We offer the following resources and reminders, including swimming and pool safety tips, to help you prevent accidents.
When we think of water safety, we generally think of swimming pools. But there are many other places where water safety should be practiced. SRP Safety Connection brings you a few tips to remember:
- Never leave a child alone near any kind of water.
- Bathtubs, water buckets, fountains, play pools and even toilets can be hazards; warn children to be careful around these seemingly innocent bodies of water.
- A child can drown in 2 inches of water. Keep an eye on children around any water source.
- Have everyone in the family take swimming lessons. They're great family fun and can help save a life.
- Sign up for an American Red Cross CPR course by calling (602) 336-6660.
- Teach children to dial 911 in emergencies.
Get additional SRP water safety resources.