Safety events and offers
As part of an ongoing commitment to the communities we serve, SRP coordinates water and electric safety events and efforts with numerous local organizations.
|Feb 10 –12||Phoenix Chinese Week||Margaret T. Hance Park East
1202 N. Third St., Phoenix
|10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Feb 11||Laveen Pit BBQ||Corona Ranch & Rodeo Grounds
7611 S. 29th Ave., Laveen
|10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Feb 11||Paradise Valley Public Safety Fair||Paradise Valley Municipal Complex
6433 E. Lincoln Drive, Paradise Valley
|8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
Water safety workshops
SRP in partnership with Phoenix Children’s Hospital is offering free water safety workshops, Playing it Safe, for parents and caregivers of children ages five and under. During this one-hour workshop, adults will learn:
- basic water safety,
- ways to reduce stress at the swimming pool and
- tools to improve supervision.
The program helps parents recognize the stresses that can sometimes occur on what should be a fun day at the pool and empowers them with information and tools to make pool time enjoyable and safe.
Workshops can be scheduled in small groups, or individually. For more information about Playing it Safe, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discounted swimming lessons
Swimming lessons are fun and can help save lives. SRP is committed to helping keep families safe around water, which is why we sponsor swimming lessons around the Valley.
- City of Chandler Free swimming lessons at select pools
- City of Mesa Making Waves program (free children's swimming lessons)
- City of Phoenix Kool Kids program (reduced rate of $3 for swimming lessons at select pools)
- City of Peoria Free swimming lessons at select pools
- City of Buckeye Free swimming lessons for children and adults