FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SRP Offers New Electric Technology Rebates
Businesses Incented to Save on Forklifts, Truck Refrigeration Unit Infrastructure
Business customers in Salt River Project (SRP) service territory can now benefit from a new $1,000 rebate toward the purchase of – or conversion to – electric forklifts, as well as the installation of electric standby truck refrigeration unit infrastructure.
The incentive can benefit countless businesses, including manufacturing companies, warehouses, food service providers and a myriad of retailers.
“We created the new incentive program with several goals and benefits in mind,” said Dan Dreiling, SRP’s director of Market Research and Customer Programs. “By switching to electric over traditional diesel or propane models, our customers will lower fuel, ownership and operating costs; and provide a safer, less noisy workplace; and cleaner environment.”
Benefits of Electric Forklifts:
- Reduces fuel costs by up to 75 percent
- Less maintenance with 90 percent fewer moving parts
- Reduces annual CO2 site emissions by up to 20 tons per conversion
- Rebates up to $1,000 per forklift for eligible SRP customers until April 30, 2018
- Typical return on investment is less than two years
Benefits of Electric Truck Refrigeration Unit (E/S TRU):
- Reduces fuel costs by avoiding the volatility of oil and gas prices
- Electric TRUs can plug in at night when lower, off-peak rates are in effect
- Reduces annual CO2 site emissions by up to 20 tons per replacement
- Rebates up to $1,000 for eligible infrastructure costs for SRP customers until April 30, 2018
- When used on a regular basis, typical return on investment is less than two years
For complete program information, visit savewithsrpbiz.com/etech.
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest provider of electricity in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving more than 1 million customers. SRP is also the metropolitan area’s largest supplier of water, delivering about 800,000 acre-feet annually to municipal, urban and agricultural water users.