Save with an energy-efficient variable speed pool pump
Qualified Phoenix area SRP customers can receive a rebate of up to $150 on a variable-speed pool pump with our Energy-Efficient Pools Program.
With hot year-round temperatures in the Valley, it's no surprise that pools are a major cost concern for our customers. And as your home's No. 2 energy user, your single-speed pool pump could cost you up to $560 per year to operate. You can reduce this expense by more than half with a variable-speed pool pump.
Variable-speed pumps save energy because they can be programmed to operate at a variety of speeds to deliver the correct flow needed for each task required to operate your pool. A pump that can run at only one speed must be sized large enough to run the most intensive task — typically a waterfall or pool cleaner. However, it takes far less energy to simply keep water filtered. Variable-speed pool pumps can be programmed to operate at a much slower speed to filter your pool's water, saving energy and money.
How to participate
To qualify for the SRP Energy-Efficient Pools Program, you must:
- Be a current SRP single-family residential electric customer with an in-ground swimming pool.*
- Purchase a new qualifying variable-speed pool pump:
- Option 1: Receive an instant rebate from a participating Phoenix area retail outlet or installer.
- Option 2: Receive a mail-in rebate by following the instructions found in the frequently asked questions.
- Install the purchased equipment at your verified SRP account address.*
- Schedule a free calibration with an SRP-certified pool professional to customize programming.
- One rebate per household.
- Rebuilt pool pumps do not qualify.
- Replacement pool pump motors do not qualify.
- Rebate applications are due within six months of the purchase date of the equipment.
- For more information, please call (602) 236-9606.
- SRP reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion or its terms and conditions at any time.
Find out about the new energy-efficiency standard for pool pumps that became law Jan. 1, 2012.
Need more information? Read the frequently asked questions.
*Customers are required to provide their SRP electric account number. If SRP account verification is not available at the time of purchase, the qualifying rebate will be paid upon account verification. Rebates will not be paid out until the calibration has been completed. This may delay rebates issued to customers electing to self-install pool pumps.
Phone: (602) 236-9606
Fax: (866) 718-5244
Mail: P.O. Box 93424, Phoenix, AZ 85070-3424