Seal leaks and save with a duct test and repair
The SRP Duct Test and Repair Rebate Program for customers can help you identify those hard-to-see places in your home where energy escapes. As Phoenix stays warm nearly nine months out of the year, it's important to keep cool air from escaping to help lower your electricity bills.
By ensuring your ducts are sealed properly, you can sit back, enjoy a glass of ice tea and save money.
If there are rooms in your house that you can't keep comfortable, the culprit may be leaky ducts. They carry air from your central heating or cooling system into each room and back again through a closed system. In a typical home, about 20% of the air that moves through the duct system is lost because of improper installation. Sealing up leaks can save you $200 or more in annual energy costs. Plus, as Phoenix area temperatures heat up, properly sealed ducts will help keep your home cooler and more comfortable.
SRP can help with our rebate program that offers up to $75 toward duct testing and up to $175 for qualified duct repairs.
Testing and repair costs
For a typical home, testing can range from $100 to $450 and repairs normally cost $300 to $1,000. Houses and equipment can vary; therefore, actual costs may be higher or lower. In the example below, we've calculated an average customer's out-of-pocket costs (including the SRP rebate) for testing and repair services.
Example of customer out-of-pocket costs
How to apply
To qualify for the Duct Test and Repair Rebate Program, a participant must:
- Be a permanent SRP residential electric customer with an existing home in Phoenix and surrounding areas (new construction is ineligible) with a central air conditioning system or heat pump. Evaporative coolers do not qualify.
- Have the duct test and qualified repairs performed by a Building Performance Institute (BPI)-certified, licensed Valley contractor by April 30, 2014.
- Mail a completed rebate application (with the assistance of your contractor) and a dated copy of the paid invoice to:
SRP Duct Test and Repair Rebate Program
2702 N. Third St., Suite 2020
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Allow SRP or our agent to inspect repairs, upon request, in order to verify compliance with all rebate requirements.
You can obtain a referral to a licensed, BPI-certified contractor and more information about the application process by calling the SRP Certified Contractor Program at (602) 274-6808.
- Customers who participate in the SRP Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program will not receive $75 for air-duct testing. The service is a part of the assessment and is excluded from the SRP Duct Test and Repair Rebate Program.
- SRP reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion or its terms and conditions at any time.