Clean up your patio or garage and save
An old refrigerator or freezer tucked away in your home or facing the triple digit temperatures of Phoenix can drain energy and cost you up to $100 a year. Helping to make Valley residents more energy efficient, we created SRP's Appliance Recycling Program for our customers. When you give your old fridge or freezer the boot, we'll mail you a $50 check. Don't delay because this program runs through April 30, 2014, and the longer you wait the more you're spending on electric bills.
You can rest assured that your old fridge won't take up space in a landfill, because about 95% of it will be recycled. That can help stop about 10 tons of carbon dioxide from entering the atmosphere!
SRP's Appliance Recycling Program is a partner in the Environmental Protection Agency's Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) Program. As part of the RAD program, partners recover ozone-depleting chemicals from old refrigerators and freezers.
- SRP electricity customers are limited to recycling two appliances per account per year.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10–30 cu. ft. (interior measurement).
- Appliances must be on the SRP account premises in the Phoenix metro area. They must be clean, empty and in working condition (plugged in) at the time of pickup.
- A $50 check will be mailed to your address within 30 days after pickup through April 30, 2014.
- Appliance recycling requests are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- SRP reserves the right to change or terminate this program without prior notice.
Schedule a free pickup
- Call (602) 236-4225 or fill out the online form to schedule an appliance pickup.
- SRP's program administrator, JACO Environmental, will pick up the appliance free of charge.
- Be sure your extra fridge or freezer is clean, empty and working (plugged in) at the time of pickup.
Note: SRP reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion or its terms and conditions at any time.
"I knew I did the right thing"
We had a 20-year-old refrigerator in the garage that cost us a bundle for energy and couldn't
rely on it much longer for my catering business. We were ready to part ways when SRP's appliance
recycling offer came along. I replaced it with a more efficient ENERGY STAR® refrigerator and called
SRP to pick up the old one. When I watched the technician disable my old fridge for recycling, I knew
I did the right thing.
Judi Y. of Chandler