SRP provides workshops and comprehensive in-service programs for Arizona educators. Our goal is to equip educators with key insights and proven classroom resources related to the water and energy industries. Educators who participate in our programs will be expertly prepared to teach students about water, electricity and renewable energy technologies.
All of SRP's in-service programs and supporting materials are available free of charge. Can't find something you need? Call (602) 236-2484, or send an email to email@example.com.
All workshops are held at the SRP PERA Club , 1 E. Continental Drive, Tempe (Get directions). Classes are held in Big Horn Terrace from 8 a.m. – noon, with check-in starting at 7:30 a.m., unless otherwise noted.
Downloadable lesson plans and other classroom materials for use in the classroom after training is complete are available.
Arizona Water Story
Engineering Our Future
Powering Our Future
(Grades: 3 - 6)
Powering Our Future
Training offeredSee the complete list of teacher training opportunities offered by SRP
Classes are scheduled periodically throughout the year. Please check this page regularly for new training availability.
- Arizona Water Story (Grades 3-6): Although oceans cover 70% of the Earth's surface, only 3% of that seemingly inexhaustible supply is freshwater, with only 1% considered usable freshwater. SRP offers an in-service primer about the desert's most precious resource. Workshop topics include central Arizona water history, water management concepts, environmental water issues and water science. Participants will receive water resource materials and a video.
- Engineering Our Future (Grades K-2): Engineering Our Future is designed for K-2 teachers. It is a 4-hour workshop where teachers will learn about the engineering design process, the transference of energy, renewable and nonrenewable resources and conservation. Background content knowledge and classroom-ready materials will be provided. Curriculum is tied to State Standards and teachers will receive 4 hours of Continuing Education Credits.
- Electricity and Magnetism (Grade 3-6): This module has been developed to assist educators in understanding and teaching concepts of electricity and magnetism, and the lessons are aligned to Arizona state academic standards.
- Powering Our Future (Grades 3-6, 7-12): This workshop focuses on renewable energy technologies and energy conservation. The Powering Our Future program includes complete lesson plans as well as extensive background information for educators.
- Solar Summit (Grades 3-6, 7-12): This workshop is tailored to those who want to learn more about solar energy in Arizona, why we don't have more of it and how we can best teach about it. This workshop will deepen teachers' content knowledge about how solar energy (specifically photovoltaic energy) works and give teachers the tools and resources to teach about solar power.