Navajo Generating Station Navajo scholarship
SRP is pleased to offer scholarship assistance to qualified Navajo college students. The following are details about the Navajo Generating Station (NGS) scholarship program.
- Applicants must be enrolled members of the Navajo Nation who will be full-time students at an accredited college or university.
- Priority will be given to the math, engineering and environmental studies.
- Recipients must be juniors in college during the time the scholarship is used and must have, and maintain, a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Award amounts are determined by the NGS Scholarship Committee following an evaluation of the Financial Needs Analysis of each applicant. Undergraduate scholarships are renewable until the bachelor's degree is earned. There is no funding available for graduate students.
The NGS Scholarship Committee reviews all applications. Awards are made based on the field of study, and academic excellence and achievement. Successful candidates will be notified by e-mail. All decisions of the NGS Scholarship Committee are final.
How to apply
The application period is from April 2, 2013, to June 5, 2013. Candidates must submit the following documents as the application packet:
- A completed 2013-14 SRP Navajo Generating Station Navajo Scholarship Application.
- A one-page letter addressed to the Scholarship Committee explaining career goals, reasons for selecting the field of study, and why the student believes SRP/NGS should provide funds.
- A current resume to include schools attended and employment.
- Current and official transcripts. Copies of information off the Internet are not acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One from an instructor familiar with the student's academic abilities; and
- One from a college/university adviser or counselor.
Only the complete application packets received by or postmarked by June 5, 2013, will be accepted. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Send your application packet to:
NGS Navajo Scholarship Committee
Attn: Linda Dawavendewa
P.O. Box 850
Page, AZ 86040
For more information, please contact us:
Phone: (928) 645-6539
Administration of funds
The NGS Scholarship Committee administers the funds. A check is mailed each semester to the scholarship office of the college/university to be credited to the student's account. The recipients are required to order an official transcript to be sent to the NGS Scholarship Committee at the end of each semester. Subsequent checks are mailed to the school following a review of each transcript and renewal request.