Navajo Generating Station Navajo Scholarship
SRP is pleased to offer scholarship assistance to qualified Navajo college students. The following are details about the Navajo Generating Station (NGS) Navajo Scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolled members of the Navajo Nation who are full-time students at an accredited college or university.
- Recipients must be juniors in college during the time the scholarship is used and must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Priority will be given to the STEM and business majors.
Award amounts are determined by the NGS Scholarship Committee. This undergraduate scholarship is renewable with a 3.0 GPA. There is no funding available for graduate students.
The NGS Scholarship Committee reviews all applications. Awards are made based on the field of study, academic excellence and achievement. Candidates are notified by email. All decisions of the NGS Scholarship Committee are final.
How to apply
Applications for the NGS Navajo Scholarship are due on May 31, 2015. Candidates must submit the following documents:
- A completed 2015-16 Navajo Generating Station Navajo Scholarship Application (204K).
- A one-page letter addressed to the Scholarship Committee explaining career goals, reasons for selecting the field of study, and why the student believes SRP/NGS should provide funds.
- A current resume to include schools attended and employment.
- Current and official transcripts. Copies of information off the Internet are not acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One from an instructor familiar with the student's academic abilities.
- One from a college/university advisor or counselor.
Only complete application packets received by or postmarked by May 31, 2015, will be considered.
Send the application packet to:
NGS Navajo Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 850
Page, AZ 86040
For more information, please contact us:
Phone: (928) 645-6539
Administration of funds
The NGS Scholarship Committee administers the funds. A check is mailed each semester to the scholarship office of the college/university for credit to the recipient's account. Subsequent checks are mailed following a review of the transcript and GPA. The recipient is required to order an official transcript to be sent to the NGS Scholarship Committee at the close of the semester. Awards are made once a year.