SRP's Corporate Contributions program aims to make the community a better place for our customers and employees to live and do business. We are committed to strengthening the company's core business objectives in all our activities.
During fiscal year 2012, SRP supported the community through monetary and in-kind contributions totaling $3,202,318. Learn more about SRP's commitment in our Community Involvement Report.
Applicants for SRP Corporate Contributions funds must apply through SRP's online grant application system.Get started
How to apply
Before you apply, please note that eligible organizations must be nonprofit, tax-exempt public charities as defined in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
If you have questions, please call (602) 236-2647 or (602) 236-2536
SRP will focus its corporate contributions on consistent and meaningful involvement in community issues and programs in the following areas.
- Arts and culture: We want to do business in thriving communities. Therefore, we support arts programs that enhance the quality of life in communities where we do business.
- Sponsor major professional arts organizations and regional presenters of arts programming
- Support local performing-arts organizations that reflect the diversity of SRP's service area
- Health and human services: We are committed to safe and healthy communities.
- Support programs that reach out to underserved communities to promote the individual's ability to overcome barriers and be self-sufficient
- Increase the community's ability to care for individuals who are in need of food, shelter, and safety from violent or crisis situations
- Increase the ability of children to participate in youth programs that promote personal development and positive life choices
- Support underserved communities' access to hospitals and medical care as an integral part of a thriving community
- Sponsor programs that seek to highlight the constant need for water and electric safety
- Civic leadership: We support civic involvement in communities where we do business.
- Increase the community's ability to identify and train residents to serve in leadership positions, with preference givem to programs that heighten civic leadership and provide opportunities for SRP employees to engage
- Sponsor select special community events that promote pride in our diverse communities
- Support community forums that enhance the quality of life through the discussion of emerging issues and strategic planning
- Environmental quality: We believe in stewardship of Arizona's natural resources and protecting the water and air quality of our state.
- Increase the ability of residents to improve the environmental quality of their neighborhoods
- Support programs that promote the awareness and understanding of technical environmental issues
- Education: Contributions for specific school-related projects are reviewed via the SRP Classroom Connections program. This program provides funds for enrichment activities, classroom technology and science equipment.
Under no circumstances will SRP donate service (water or electricity), equipment or services for which a fee is normally charged. SRP also does not support the following:
- Individuals, including support for specific students or researchers, travel expenses or conference fees
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex or national origin
- Endowment programs
- Medical research projects or medical procedures for individuals
- Professional art schools, academic art programs, or high school or college performance groups
- Political or lobbying groups or campaigns
- Fraternal organizations, veterans' organizations, professional associations or similar membership groups
- Organizations whose services are not provided in a geographic area where SRP provides electric or water service or employment
- Public or commercial broadcasting programs
- Religious activities or church-sponsored programs limited to church membership
- Debt-reduction campaigns