SRP has a long and rich history in supporting the economic development of the Phoenix metropolitan area and the state of Arizona. From the building of Theodore Roosevelt Dam to exploring alternative fuels, SRP has helped improve life in the Valley for more than 100 years. Today, SRP is one of the largest public power entities in the nation.
Even as times have changed, SRP has stayed true to our original mission.
SRP's electric service area covers a large part of the greater Phoenix metropolitan area.
Read on for more information about our services.
We encourage you to locate or expand your business in the greater Phoenix area. Our Economic Development staff can provide you with critical power information on potential sites, including:
- Electric price plans and bill estimates
- Location of electrical infrastructure
- Potential construction costs and timelines
- Coordination of meetings with allies and SRP technical staff
- Familiarization tours of the region
- Water resource information
- SRP price plans
- Deposits and fees
- Electrical terms
- Regional economic development allies and communities
- Gila River Indian Community partnership
Community development and regional support
- SRP supports and is involved with chambers of commerce and economic development organizations, resulting in benefits to the entire region.
- SRP develops programs and supplies resources for community businesses.
- SRP partners with key business organizations to leverage studies that bring added value to our customers.
- SRP provides economic data on the local and national economy.
Our mission and vision
Over the course of our history, SRP and our employees have assumed leadership roles that extend far beyond the boundaries of our water and power businesses. The dedication to the community is evident in the SRP's corporate mission statement:
SRP will deliver ever-improving contributions to the people we serve through the provision of low-cost, reliable water and power, and community programs to ensure the vitality of the Salt River Valley.
Similarly, the vision for SRP's Economic Development vision mirrors SRP's dedication to this community, and commitment to partnering with other businesses and economic development organizations.
SRP will be a valued partner in leveraging the region's strengths to develop and sustain a healthy economy for the Salt River Valley.